? servers

? players online

Dodge announces Challenger SRT Demon

• Content Count:  2697

there isn't an autos sub forum so i'm just posting this here.

I've been a car kid/guy for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I primarily loved muscle cars (Mustangs, Firebirds, Camaros, Chargers, Challengers, etc.) but now I love imports. There's still a place in my heart for muscle cars but it's mostly filled up with imports. Anyways, yesterday Doge announced the brand new Challenger SRT Demon, this shits crazy. Goes 0-60 in 2.3 seconds and 0-100 in 5 seconds. The thing has 1.8g on launch, that's crazy.. It's the first production car that comes with drag radials from the factory and it's the first production car to have a V8 as powerful as this one. 840 HP and 770 ft-lbs of torque, and I believe it runs e85 from the factory as well. They're only making 3300 of these as far as I know. This thing eats quarter miles at 9.65 seconds and it even pulls a wheelie. One last thing, it just looks beautiful. If you aren't a car guy you'd just assume it's a challenger with an aftermarket hood and wheels but oh boy does this thing look pretty. One thing I don't like though is the fact that it has these skinny ass tires in the front that make it look stupid, but hey, function over form I guess.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Content Count:  5108

Doge announced the brand new Challenger SRT Demon

wow

such car

very speed

Tagging @Ryoku as he's a car nut himself and would probably contribute to this thread more than I can.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  374

Those numbers are crazy, even for American muscle to pull off at production level. Like I am genuinely surprised at how well it performs, an actual intimidating muscle car that puts some of the most popular super cars from around the world to shame. People complain about how heavy the Challengers are but in this scenario you should have a heavy car, unless you plan on having a ride that goes airborne off the start.(With a ride that aggressive you might as well call it United Airlines. xd) With the right drag aero (canards, splitter, Drag wing, and vortex rows) this thing could shave off some weight while keeping all 4 tires on the ground (maybe just even 2) and become an iconic muscle car. I'd be interested to see this car have a track version with a wider and more even band of power and more weight reduction, although I believe that is not what the American dream is for muscle cars. :p

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2697

Those numbers are crazy, even for American muscle to pull off at production level. Like I am genuinely surprised at how well it performs, an actual intimidating muscle car that puts some of the most popular super cars from around the world to shame. People complain about how heavy the Challengers are but in this scenario you should have a heavy car, unless you plan on having a ride that goes airborne off the start.(With a ride that aggressive you might as well call it United Airlines. xd) With the right drag aero (canards, splitter, Drag wing, and vortex rows) this thing could shave off some weight while keeping all 4 tires on the ground (maybe just even 2) and become an iconic muscle car. I'd be interested to see this car have a track version with a wider and more even band of power and more weight reduction, although I believe that is not what the American dream is for muscle cars. :p

It was built for drag racing, IIRC it's the only vehicle in it's class (Street Drag racing or something like that I don't remember). It's quicker than a Veyron at nearly 1/25th the price. It's truly insane. I'd always call the Challenger a boat because of how heavy it is but this thing is pulling wheelies.. I doubt there will be a track version of the car but anything is possible.

Reply to Thread