? servers

? players online

Car powered by Compressed Air gets 100+ mpg

• Content Count:  6242

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/08/08/air.car/index.html

Basically car runs on compressed air at speeds less than 35 mph, anything over that the gas powered engine kicks in and heats the air to expand it, thus giving more power. Car expects to reach speeds of 90 mph and run 800 miles to the tank. Many people are skeptical, what are your thoughts?

• Content Count:  514

It's a good idea if it works, but I can't see air being the main fuel used to achieve "a range more than 800 miles". People are right to be skeptical of these bold claims, especially seeing as how they are coming from the French :001_tt2:

It's a good idea if it works, but I can't see air being the main fuel used to achieve "a range more than 800 miles". People are right to be skeptical of these bold claims, especially seeing as how they are coming from the French :001_tt2:

It can be a main fuel because of the on-board air compressor, but if that fails, I think you are up shit's creek.

My thoughts? That the car is simply a normal car and instead of an engine it has lots and lots of fire extinguishers that push it forward.

Now that would be awesome! I think I made one in Gmod once :-P

It would also leave a neat trail of foam so you could jetski on the back of it down a motorway.

I have thoughts like that all the time. My most recent one was "In Wintertime in Rome, did people bobsled down the aqueducts when they froze over?"

ROFL! I need to have more conversations with you. I'd never be in a bad mood. :-P

• Content Count:  80

I have also seen cars that run on natural gas, water, electricity, solar and other kinds of different shit.

The funny thing is most of it is not a new invention. The combustion engine we drive today is soooo old, but we drive it because soooo many people make money from them.

Think about if we changed over to a car that was powered not by oil. A lot of people would lose their jobs and a lot of rich people wouldnt be getting richer.

The hybrid is also a laugh, mainly because you can buy more effective cars that are gas only. It is just to make the "green" people feel good about themselves.

In closing, to all those people who think we will all be driving cars on an alternative fuel source in 10 years I laugh, because that is what people said in 1998. We will be driving on oil until every fucking ounce has been used up in ground.

Reply to Thread