? servers

? players online

My Trip to the Mountains!

• Content Count:  2187

About a month ago, my friend invited me to go to Craggy Mountain with him so he could take pictures of the flowers that were blooming over there (sadly, this season was a bad one, so we mostly didn't see any), so I wanted to share the experience with you all.

Our time was mostly spent on the road, since it took us almost three hours to get to and from Craggy, equaling to approximately 6 hours on the road. This trip turned out to be my friend's first time on the road after getting his driver's license, so tension was a bit high.

He planned the trip so that it would be as sunny as possible. We went to Craggy one time before but we came on a cloudy and foggy day. Barely any visibility.

DQdDIyZ.jpg

Once we got there, the views were breath-taking. Last time I saw this kind of view was during my 5th Grade Field Trip to Virginia Tech. We had to hike a bit, but it was nothing. In the middle of the photo, you can see the water supply there.

dqY7aeC.jpg

Here is another side of the peak we climbed. It was really amazing to see everything from here. It reminds me of the mountains in El Salvador that my mother showed me one time in a photo.

8hyuOdV.jpg

Here's a view of the gift shop they had underneath us.

PnkEFiF.jpg

I took a picture of the forest here. This would have been so perfect had I not almost covered the camera lens here. Nonetheless, it was still a sight to see. This view was on a trail to a gazebo that was used as a resting place. It was also a trail that lead to where all the flowers were supposed to bloom.

ApzUoB2.jpg

This is one of the flowers that we saw while we were there, but it wasn't the one my friend wanted to take a photo of. There was a bush of these and it looked amazing under the sun. People around here called it "The Burning Bush" due to the color of the flower and how many were on it.

SVIQQ1u.jpg

Just a big ol' tree (mind the finger, again).

MY9JrzV.jpg

pi0WR15.jpg

These were the flowers my friend was focusing on. Normally there would be a huge area of them blooming at the time, but we guessed that this year was a bad one for the flowers.

Overall, it was such a great experience, despite the fact we got caught in late night traffic. We left around 10 AM and came back at around 10 PM. Nonetheless, it felt great to take a break from being a city boy and I wish I could go over there again with my family. I glad we all survived the trip and I'm glad to have shared this experience with you all.

If you had a trip you wanna share, please feel free to post. I'd like to here about it.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  139

Congrats to you and thanks for sharing the experience but if I went to any mountains I would be scared to go near the sides of it, I'm scared that the mountains will just fall down and crumble xd, but the views are nice tho and the pictures are amazing, did you use a camera or your phone to take those? I think its a camera

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2187

Congrats to you and thanks for sharing the experience but if I went to any mountains I would be scared to go near the sides of it, I'm scared that the mountains will just fall down and crumble xd, but the views are nice tho and the pictures are amazing, did you use a camera or your phone to take those? I think its a camera

I used my phone (ZTE Blade X Max) to take these photos. I wanted to get myself an actual camera but my friend planned this trip on the fly so I didn't get too much prep time.

Reply to Thread