? servers

? players online

Introducing the 28 days later (infection Mod)

• Content Count:  2

Thought some of you guys might like this

I’d like to introduce a newly developing Mod coming from Heatless_Kei. It’s a unique fun, action packed, and even scary Mod here to conquer all other zombie mods. Focusing on a lot realistic properties this 28 Days later mod, will send chills down your spine as the 24 hour clock system enables. As each minute passes by an hour is passed on the “virtual clock”, and when 12 hours go by, night falls upon the map. Surrounded in darkness the survivors or non-infected must defend, run, and survive. O and don’t worry the 24 hour clock system carries over to the next round so it doesn’t restart every round.

The beginning

Following the realism that the movie 28 days later offered, at the beginning of the round 3 randomly selected players start off at either the CT or T spawn location (Config enables you to choose) as “Infected Chimps”. These deadly chimps run at high speeds and have high jumping capabilities, as any chimp would, in their hunt to spread the rage virus at lightning speed. Depending on the map survivors will have only a few short moments before the chimps will reach them, so time is essential to pick a good location to camp, defend, or simply run and gun.

The Delay System

A “Delay system” is currently being developed to enable server administrators to customize each map, to provide necessary time for the survivors to spread out and find a place. The delay system will delay the spawning of the 3 initial infected chimps. The system will allow administrators to set a numerical value for the number of seconds survivors have to high tail it out of the spawn to a good location. It is key to us that in this mod we don’t restrict ourselves with the location of spawns, for instance there a literally hundreds of already created maps to be found on fpsbananna.com that fit extremely well with the theme of this mod. However because of the fact spawns are very often mixed CT being located right next to T, it is essential that this delay system is in effect for these maps.

Barricading

We’ve all done it before, join some random zombie mod server, go to this one area in the map and setup the most rigged and impossible barricade possible. Then for 5 minutes you sit there in your impenetrable little fortress firing randomly at zombies trying to get in but failing miserably. I came to realize what a sad game play experience this is, sure barricading is a legitimate way of delaying the impending zombie horde, but when is the last time you saw a zombie movie, and guy prevents 50 zombies from eating him by throwing a bookcase and couch up in front of the door. I mean really it’s about time we had some realistic game play with the common theme of zombies, too long has zombie mod dominated the zombie theme with its poorly designed game play. The best a couch should do is delay the rampaging zombies, and is this mod we follow this exact principle. Like any decent infected mob, the couches, vending machines will be knocked aside, forcing the survivors to unleash a deadly barrage of bullets.

Classes

Survivors spawn with various arrangements of weapons, instead of buying weapons. Weapons appearing randomly out of thin air seems a bit well stupid to me. Not to say rampaging hordes of the infected is very realistic, but keeping to the aspects of realism in the movie weapons don’t appear randomly. As a survivor you can spawn with 7 different arrangements of weapons, 5 of them sporting Hg grenades. Each has varying running speeds as any human would. Using custom skins both female and male classes are used, the females offering faster running speeds being a sort of “scout”, being able to stay a little ahead of the group of players you stay with, and alert the others of the impending infected. On the other hand there is a class representing the major fire power of the team, as he will sport a machine gun, and the extremely valuable night vision during the night, however having a slower running speed. 2 of the classes have a female skin and they are the ones that don’t spawn with grenades, however they will have the opportunity to pick them up off their fallen comrades.

The infected

As I have said before the 3 randomly selected players will spawn as infected Chimps at the beginning of the round. 1 Slash of their claws will make you become infected with the rage virus, respawning you in a second or 2 with a zombie model appropriate to whether you were a female or male, at the same location of which you were slashed too of course. However when you die as a zombie you will respawn randomly as either a chimp, “male” infected or “female” infected. All zombies also sport a red overlay on their vision, as in the movie you could see the infected’s eyes blood red, this feature transfers into the mod. Zombies have an unlimited amount of lives, as you might think millions of people would be infected so there is no shortage of them. As in the movie you have 20 seconds or less before you become an infected once bitten, or getting any of the infected blood inside you, we plan on implementing this later in the mod so that it takes up to 20 seconds before you respawn into your infected form.

Inventory menu and materials

By killing an infected a player acquires 2 material points, to construct highly need ammo, and various props for barricading and slowing down the infected. To bring up the inventory menu, a player must type !inv (recommended that players bind a key). At the moment players acquire the build material automatically, but it is planned to disable that feature and force players to crouch down and “search” the body for the materials, thus creating an opening and needing your fellow players to offer cover fire. However needing to search for the building materials will be a required aspect to the game, and adds to the aspects of realism. It is also planned to add “construction” sounds, and making a player stop to be able to construct the props and ammo. O and of course the amount of material received from each body is customizable, and it is planned to randomize the amount, creating the possibility that some bodies won’t have any material. Yet, due to a recent eventscripts update steam the inventory system in works was broken. For the meantime we provide survivors with supply drops every few minutes, and along with 500 ammo for each gun.

Sounds

A variety of sounds have been taken and implemented into the mod to offer realism. The sound list includes: “Shouting reloading, infected chimps screaming, infected moans, screams of horror many of which triggered by killing a survivor, etc….you’ll have to play the game yourself to experience the thrill of 20 infected sprinting at you at full speed, with moaning and screaming included. However if your heart is weak, and you can’t take a surprise scream of horror, it is going to be available to the player to turn off the sounds. We are still testing things out to create a balance of noises and screams so that your not overwhelmed with noise and can still enjoy the gameplay, and even chat with your friends. Communication is also going to be key we hope, we strive to follow many of the quotes from 28 days: “Never go anywhere alone, Unless you have to”

Victory

Like in the movie the only option the uninfected have is to survive and the uninfected must fight off the infected and survive for the duration of the round. And of course the infected must turn all survivors into infected for victory. However we do hope to attract skilled mappers to work with us to create various maps for other gameplay methods, such as reach a vehicle to escape the zombies. I am aware that there are already over 50 zombie escape maps created, however due to the nature of our mod, not having zombies that can withstand as many bullets as needed to create a sculpture of the zombie with bullet shells the maps won’t have good gameplay.

Notes

All credit for the making of the mod goes to Heartless_Kei, I have only aided in suggesting ideas, testing and identifying issues. I apologize for any spelling errors or grammar, its been three months since school and I wouldn’t say my brain is in top condition. By the way, many of the functions and various aspects of the game are customizable and allow the owner of the server, and the player in some aspects to customize their experience with this mod. There is much more to this mod, but I don’t have the memory nor the patience to sit here and type for another 2 hours. Now I call to any scripter’s, mappers, skinner’s, or any other persons with valuable experience, and knowledge for us to create one of the best mods out there and create the most realistic game experience we can. You can further contact me or heartless by adding us to your steam friends list: My user name is sh4d0wbu11et, and heatless’ is Heartless_Kei We will be needing beta testers in the upcoming weeks, and will post a date for players to gather in the server we having been using for beta testing

EDIT: I forgot to include the trailer video, it doesn't do the mod much justice cause its from its first stage, its been edited A LOT, and a lot of the gameplay is silenced to savor it for the open night beta. http://www.fpsbanana.com/games/media/view/14523

Edited by Redline

• Content Count:  1141

Thought some of you guys might like this

I’d like to introduce a newly developing Mod coming from Heatless_Kei. It’s a unique fun, action packed, and even scary Mod here to conquer all other zombie mods. Focusing on a lot realistic properties this 28 Days later mod, will send chills down your spine as the 24 hour clock system enables. As each minute passes by an hour is passed on the “virtual clock”, and when 12 hours go by, night falls upon the map. Surrounded in darkness the survivors or non-infected must defend, run, and survive. O and don’t worry the 24 hour clock system carries over to the next round so it doesn’t restart every round.

The beginning

Following the realism that the movie 28 days later offered, at the beginning of the round 3 randomly selected players start off at either the CT or T spawn location (Config enables you to choose) as “Infected Chimps”. These deadly chimps run at high speeds and have high jumping capabilities, as any chimp would, in their hunt to spread the rage virus at lightning speed. Depending on the map survivors will have only a few short moments before the chimps will reach them, so time is essential to pick a good location to camp, defend, or simply run and gun.

The Delay System

A “Delay system” is currently being developed to enable server administrators to customize each map, to provide necessary time for the survivors to spread out and find a place. The delay system will delay the spawning of the 3 initial infected chimps. The system will allow administrators to set a numerical value for the number of seconds survivors have to high tail it out of the spawn to a good location. It is key to us that in this mod we don’t restrict ourselves with the location of spawns, for instance there a literally hundreds of already created maps to be found on fpsbananna.com that fit extremely well with the theme of this mod. However because of the fact spawns are very often mixed CT being located right next to T, it is essential that this delay system is in effect for these maps.

Barricading

We’ve all done it before, join some random zombie mod server, go to this one area in the map and setup the most rigged and impossible barricade possible. Then for 5 minutes you sit there in your impenetrable little fortress firing randomly at zombies trying to get in but failing miserably. I came to realize what a sad game play experience this is, sure barricading is a legitimate way of delaying the impending zombie horde, but when is the last time you saw a zombie movie, and guy prevents 50 zombies from eating him by throwing a bookcase and couch up in front of the door. I mean really it’s about time we had some realistic game play with the common theme of zombies, too long has zombie mod dominated the zombie theme with its poorly designed game play. The best a couch should do is delay the rampaging zombies, and is this mod we follow this exact principle. Like any decent infected mob, the couches, vending machines will be knocked aside, forcing the survivors to unleash a deadly barrage of bullets.

Classes

Survivors spawn with various arrangements of weapons, instead of buying weapons. Weapons appearing randomly out of thin air seems a bit well stupid to me. Not to say rampaging hordes of the infected is very realistic, but keeping to the aspects of realism in the movie weapons don’t appear randomly. As a survivor you can spawn with 7 different arrangements of weapons, 5 of them sporting Hg grenades. Each has varying running speeds as any human would. Using custom skins both female and male classes are used, the females offering faster running speeds being a sort of “scout”, being able to stay a little ahead of the group of players you stay with, and alert the others of the impending infected. On the other hand there is a class representing the major fire power of the team, as he will sport a machine gun, and the extremely valuable night vision during the night, however having a slower running speed. 2 of the classes have a female skin and they are the ones that don’t spawn with grenades, however they will have the opportunity to pick them up off their fallen comrades.

The infected

As I have said before the 3 randomly selected players will spawn as infected Chimps at the beginning of the round. 1 Slash of their claws will make you become infected with the rage virus, respawning you in a second or 2 with a zombie model appropriate to whether you were a female or male, at the same location of which you were slashed too of course. However when you die as a zombie you will respawn randomly as either a chimp, “male” infected or “female” infected. All zombies also sport a red overlay on their vision, as in the movie you could see the infected’s eyes blood red, this feature transfers into the mod. Zombies have an unlimited amount of lives, as you might think millions of people would be infected so there is no shortage of them. As in the movie you have 20 seconds or less before you become an infected once bitten, or getting any of the infected blood inside you, we plan on implementing this later in the mod so that it takes up to 20 seconds before you respawn into your infected form.

Inventory menu and materials

By killing an infected a player acquires 2 material points, to construct highly need ammo, and various props for barricading and slowing down the infected. To bring up the inventory menu, a player must type !inv (recommended that players bind a key). At the moment players acquire the build material automatically, but it is planned to disable that feature and force players to crouch down and “search” the body for the materials, thus creating an opening and needing your fellow players to offer cover fire. However needing to search for the building materials will be a required aspect to the game, and adds to the aspects of realism. It is also planned to add “construction” sounds, and making a player stop to be able to construct the props and ammo. O and of course the amount of material received from each body is customizable, and it is planned to randomize the amount, creating the possibility that some bodies won’t have any material. Yet, due to a recent eventscripts update steam the inventory system in works was broken. For the meantime we provide survivors with supply drops every few minutes, and along with 500 ammo for each gun.

Sounds

A variety of sounds have been taken and implemented into the mod to offer realism. The sound list includes: “Shouting reloading, infected chimps screaming, infected moans, screams of horror many of which triggered by killing a survivor, etc….you’ll have to play the game yourself to experience the thrill of 20 infected sprinting at you at full speed, with moaning and screaming included. However if your heart is weak, and you can’t take a surprise scream of horror, it is going to be available to the player to turn off the sounds. We are still testing things out to create a balance of noises and screams so that your not overwhelmed with noise and can still enjoy the gameplay, and even chat with your friends. Communication is also going to be key we hope, we strive to follow many of the quotes from 28 days: “Never go anywhere alone, Unless you have to”

Victory

Like in the movie the only option the uninfected have is to survive and the uninfected must fight off the infected and survive for the duration of the round. And of course the infected must turn all survivors into infected for victory. However we do hope to attract skilled mappers to work with us to create various maps for other gameplay methods, such as reach a vehicle to escape the zombies. I am aware that there are already over 50 zombie escape maps created, however due to the nature of our mod, not having zombies that can withstand as many bullets as needed to create a sculpture of the zombie with bullet shells the maps won’t have good gameplay.

Notes

All credit for the making of the mod goes to Heartless_Kei, I have only aided in suggesting ideas, testing and identifying issues. I apologize for any spelling errors or grammar, its been three months since school and I wouldn’t say my brain is in top condition. By the way, many of the functions and various aspects of the game are customizable and allow the owner of the server, and the player in some aspects to customize their experience with this mod. There is much more to this mod, but I don’t have the memory nor the patience to sit here and type for another 2 hours. Now I call to any scripter’s, mappers, skinner’s, or any other persons with valuable experience, and knowledge for us to create one of the best mods out there and create the most realistic game experience we can. You can further contact me or heartless by adding us to your steam friends list: My user name is sh4d0wbu11et, and heatless’ is Heartless_Kei We will be needing beta testers in the upcoming weeks, and will post a date for players to gather in the server we having been using for beta testing

EDIT: I forgot to include the trailer video, it doesn't do the mod much justice cause its from its first stage, its been edited A LOT, and a lot of the gameplay is silenced to savor it for the open night beta. http://www.fpsbanana.com/games/media/view/14523

WALL OF TEXT!

• Content Count:  2

Good as the youtube video? its gonna be 10x better than the youtube video. Its still in the alpha stages, moving on to the open beta in a few short weeks. Our team is working hard to create the best gameplay experience and realism available. We are starting to get sick of testing with bots anyway, they can only give us an idea of how the gameplay will be to a certain extent. Theres still much to do, but all we care is that the gaming community gets a kick out of it, and has more fun than in the glitchy, unrealistic, and sometimes flat out stupid mods out there.

Reply to Thread