? servers

? players online

[Myth: BUSTED] December 21st, 2012

• Content Count:  2445

On December 22, 2012, another middle finger will be added to the collection that already exists against religion. Christianity is just laughable at this point for me. The Mayans believed in human sacrifice to appease the Gods, and we haven't been doing that for quite a long time. You'd think that after all this time they'd let us know that they were pissed... yet nothing has happened, and so I say fuck the Mayans too. Fuck absolutely everything that doesn't have any tangible evidence.

If anything, 2012 will happen only because of religious extremism and not by any act of God or Gods. Religion has killed billions of men, women and children and it will continue to kill billions in the future.

gg turning mayan 2012 myth into an attack on Christianity which it has nothing to do with

• Content Count:  868

gg turning mayan 2012 myth into an attack on Christianity which it has nothing to do with

2012 is claimed by some to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). This claim is based on Christian text, Mayan civilization or some other source. However, there is no agreement whether in 2012 there will be the end of civilization, or humanity will be elevated to a higher level, or a new human species will evolve, or some other major catastrophe will occur.

- Wikipedia

2012 is claimed by some to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). This claim is based on Christian text, Mayan civilization or some other source. However, there is no agreement whether in 2012 there will be the end of civilization, or humanity will be elevated to a higher level, or a new human species will evolve, or some other major catastrophe will occur.

- Wikipedia

Good job, you looked up 2012 on Wikipedia and used that paragraph to generalize that all Christians believe that. Especially when in the Bible...

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Fail less please, kthx.

• Content Count:  868

Good job, you looked up 2012 on Wikipedia and used that paragraph to generalize that all Christians believe that. Especially when in the Bible...

Fail less please, kthx.

We can do this all day. I'd rather not. What you quoted says that no one but God knows what will happen on that date. It's a crap shoot. Could be something little, something major, or nothing at all. I say that in 5 minutes from now, something little, something major, or nothing at all will happen. Guess what? Every moment of life is like that.

Furthermore, what I quoted says that no one knows what will happen on that date... and you quoted something from the Bible that says pretty much the same thing. I have to ask then, what is your point, and how does that make me a failure? The smell of failure is emanating from your direction I think. Could be my nose. Who knows?

The Bible also says that children who disobey their parents shall be put to death. As I said, we can go on and on quoting things from the Bible, I'd rather not.

We can do this all day. I'd rather not. What you quoted says that no one but God knows what will happen on that date. It's a crap shoot. Could be something little, something major, or nothing at all. I say that in 5 minutes from now, something little, something major, or nothing at all will happen. Guess what? Every moment of life is like that.

Furthermore, what I quoted says that no one knows what will happen on that date... and you quoted something from the Bible that says pretty much the same thing. I have to ask then, what is your point, and how does that make me a failure? The smell of failure is emanating from your direction I think. Could be my nose. Who knows?

The Bible also says that children who disobey their parents shall be put to death. As I said, we can go on and on quoting things from the Bible, I'd rather not.

Exactly, my point was this has nothing to do with Christianity or the Bible for that matter, as December 21, 2012 being the final day is just as likely as any other day being the final day. You fail because you're tried to connect this myth to Christianity in a "lol stupid christians" attempt when this whole thing has to do with the Mayan calender, and not the Bible, as shown in my quote from Mark 13.

• Content Count:  2488

ffs not another religious thread :001_rolleyes:

edit: we get 1 of these a month and they drag on for pages and pages of what everyone believes....Lets just end this one short and say that you're both right.

Edited by raven maniac

• Content Count:  2115

omg the world is going down tomorrow.

2012 is not going to be the end of the world. If the end of the world is coming, we will know it because we (humans) will kill each other somehow and somewhen.

Reply to Thread