? servers

? players online

Americas Army 3.0

• Content Count:  1980

Well for my first post on the forums in months i though i better make it a good one.

***************************************************************************************************

I’d like to take a few minutes to give you all a brief SITREP on AA3 and address a rumor about a September 2008 release date. Although AA3 will not be released this month, the good news is that we are getting very close to a Beta release date. I can say with confidence that a Beta release will occur this winter and the game is looking fabulous.

Which brings me to the next issue which is our Beta Tester program. We’ve decided to expand our existing program to include many of our most loyal fans including competitive and long time players, active forum and irc members, and last but not least an open invitation for Beta team applicants which we’ll announce on this website.

Recently, Soldier magazine ran a front page article on the Army and gaming in which AA featured prominently. As part of that news article, a few images from AA3 development that were used in the article were released on various .mil websites that certain eagle-eyed members of the community have found. One of the shots is a view of a tent city that will become one of our UI backgrounds. I stated earlier that this is a photoshop mock up. This is not entirely accurate, I was erring on the side of caution at the time because I can't tell you what in that image was from in-game and what is a Photoshop effect. This screenshot is taken directly from the game, and I can assure you that there has been no Photoshop magic worked upon it.

Final_AA_Deployed.jpg

*******************************************************************************************

Sources

Original image - http://www.americasarmy.com/images/medi ... ployed.jpg

Original Thread - http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=283775

Sucks that its been pushed back but oh well.

• Content Count:  834

Been waiting on this for so long. Former Cal-I AA player right here, with frozen chosen and enervate. I might get in the beta since I still have a lot of hookups with competitive leagues and some Dev's themselves. Plus I played in the original beta =P

• Content Count:  834

Oh and for those who dont know. AA 3.0 is going to be a completely new game from the US Army and is being developed in Unreal Engine 3. The current AA is running on Unreal 2.0, so they are completely building this new one from the ground up. Going to be interesting to see what they do.

Reply to Thread