? servers

? players online

Can any experts help me???

• Content Count:  2645

Hi, I was playing Insurgency yesterday, it was a good game I must admit. HOWEVER, it had crashed yesterday, so I restarted the computer, tried logging on to my computer and it came up with this:

"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator."

"DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the registry."

Now what the hell is that about??? can anyone here help me out with this? since I cannot logon to my account, I am using a temporary account at the moment... any help would be appreciated!

• Content Count:  381

James try this

Go to your Documents and Settings folder. Turn on "show hidden and system files" in folder options. You will see a hidden file called "NTUSER.DAT". If you want to see, you can try to open it in wordpad, and the system will get really laggy as it tries to read the bad sector, then wordpad will crash.

Just rename the file with a ".bak" extention and reboot. An older version of your registry will be recovered, from a day or two before the crash.

Hmm.. this was odd.. I decided to enable all startup apps and crap, I restarted it.. and I could log back on (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). Could the crash have disabled system critical applications?

• Content Count:  5086

Hmm.. this was odd.. I decided to enable all startup apps and crap, I restarted it.. and I could log back on (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). Could the crash have disabled system critical applications?

It could have, but I don't think it'd be very likely. I'd run a scan for viruses and such just to make sure.

It could have, but I don't think it'd be very likely. I'd run a scan for viruses and such just to make sure.

That was the first thing I did. Nothing.

Reply to Thread