? servers

? players online

Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra - May 23rd, 2009

• Content Count:  2427

I'm rooting for Serra on this one, the guy's jutisu has really improved and I expect him to take this match to the ground. Hughes is known for his striking but he too can handle his own on the floor. If Serra can pull this one out, it may finally stop Hughes large mouth from opening all the time and his huge ego. I respect both fighters, but in the end, I see Serra picking up the win half way into or late into the 2nd round.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fight Information:

serra-hughes.jpg

Serra (Left) | Hughes (Right)

- Pay Per View (But somebody will most likely be hosting it on blog.tv or justin.tv)

- Matt Serra W/L (16-5-0) vs. Matt Hughes W/L (43-7-0)

- This is their first fight between each other so don't solely pick because of their records

Should be a hell of a fight!

• Content Count:  2427

Score card went 29-28, with Hughes the winner.

From my point of view, Serra took the 1st and the 2nd half of the 3rd round. While Hughes took the 2nd and the 1st half ot the 3rd round. This was by far one of the hardest things to call as a spectator knowing that the fight had really gone 50/50. Although Hughes won, all of the bad blood and smash talking had ended in the octagon. They even raised eachothers hands and hugged at the end of the 3rd round. Great Fight.

Rashad Evans v. Lyoto Machida (can't remember exact spelling). (MAIN EVENT)

Just, WOW. Lyoto proved that his unorthodox style and intense karate discipline was enough to take out the Light-Heavyweight champ. He was patient the whole fight and struck when he needed to. He got Rashad up against the cage and went to town on him with a HUGE right and then several jabs ending the fight in a TKO. So grats to him.

Definetely glad I payed that $50 for this. Wouldn't have had it any other way.