? servers

? players online

Discord Role Optimization

• Content Count:  169

Many users across Discord will without a doubt hate Discord light mode, there is a small number of people however that do have visual impairments that force them to use Discord light mode for medical reasons. There's also the handful that use Discord light mode just because they dislike white on dark text. From what I've seen on the discord, there is a small amount of roles such as Community Advisor and Honorable Gamer. There's also the more widespread roles such as Regulars/Members that cause a lot of strain on the eyes. My suggestion is to tweak them a bit to prevent this. 

This link has a lot of resources that give examples and the actual hex codes to change the role colors.

https://research.blaseball-reference.com/Improving_Accessibility__Contrast_in_Discord_Team_Roles_1.2.pdf

Here's also an example that I saw of the roles while using light mode:

spacer.png

P.S. My eyeballs are now empty sockets from testing all this ;-;

• Like 5

• Content Count:  2694

Thanks for looking out for me. I've been using light mode for close to a year now and I struggle with reading pretty much any bright colored name. I go mostly based off of profile pictures because I can remember them but other than that I just can't read them. Not sure what our Discord staff could do in terms of tweaking the names because they match the colors on the forums. Maybe they could make them slightly darker. It's up to them to decide but I just wanted to leave a comment. 

Discord_S6KHYlmHmm.png

Discord_3qYGFPGVYF.png

• Like 5

• Content Count:  169

Glad my suggestion could help someone if it is applied, my friend has this exact issue on other discords and I thought I could suggest it for SG's. Most of the roles that need this fix have darker counterparts that the link supplies. Thanks for giving your viewpoint!

11 minutes ago, John said:

Thanks for looking out for me. I've been using light mode for close to a year now and I struggle with reading pretty much any bright colored name. I go mostly based off of profile pictures because I can remember them but other than that I just can't read them. Not sure what our Discord staff could do in terms of tweaking the names because they match the colors on the forums. Maybe they could make them slightly darker. It's up to them to decide but I just wanted to leave a comment. 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread