? servers

? players online

Surf Road Map

• Content Count:  160

As you all have seen over the past few days we have been going back into old threads and updating them and adding some new things into the Surf Change Logs. Wanted to put out a Road Map of the Ideas we hope to implement and will 100% implement/ do on the surf server over the coming months. Doing this as we hope that if at any point a new Surf AO come into play they may have a look and continue off this Road Map or add more to it and continue to make Surf Great Again!

Surf Road Map

• Current Road Map:
    • Go through all current Surf Maps, see what maps are disliked/ under played or perform poorly within the server and adjust it as necessary.
    • Continue to add new popular/ classic maps as they are released or suggested.
    • Working through fixing zoning on any issue map. (Example Whiteout Bonus stage zoning is non-existent) Please let me know if you spot any issue spot with zoning by posting on the Surf sub-forum and the team will look into it as soon as possible.
    • Reviewing our Surf Timer Plugin and others to see what best fits our needs and confirm we are using our current timer to the best of our ability.
    • Continue to Test New Maps to have them added to the main server.
    • Surf Timed Event
    • Rank Color Changes
    • Reviewing the server as a whole to lower size where we can, which in cases may help with any slower download times, etc...
    • Working with the Expansion Committee to bring more regular users and new Users to the Surf Server. Whether this be through affiliations or events. 

This is currently what I have mapped out on the Road Map for improving overall quality of life on the server. Along with this there are some secret projects in the works. As these progress/ move forward I will periodically release posts to gauge interest and see where we go from there.

This is my current thought process for the server and any potential cool new implementations we could be using/ utilizing. As Ideas come I will update this post to reflect any changes to the Road Map. But I wanted to put this out to the community to gauge some opinions and rack your brains to see if there are any additional ideas you all would like to see. 

This is an open post so feel free to critique and drop some ideas of what you would like to see. 

As I move forward with any additional events or changes such as adding back Tier 3, expect to see a post on this to gauge more thought on it.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  310

On 2/14/2023 at 6:30 PM, Caido said:

This is an open post so feel free to critique and drop some ideas of what you would like to see. 

ik one of the nights me, you, and erik were talking abt some changes we could possibly make to surf and I just want to drop a few things I thought of just in case u forgot and a few I thought of.
1. maybe have a keystrokes thingy (idk the true name for it) that u see when u spec the bot but on your screen for you during ur runs, a few surf servers have this and I just think I would make a good addition, and make it toggleable 

2. going through and removing stuff to cut down on dl size since for me and this just could be a me issue but some maps can take up to like 5mins to dl on rare occurrences.

3. getting rid of surf_easy1 I fucking hate this map :)

4. ban triou he keeps taking my records on lowgrav and freestyle

14 hours ago, Asher said:

You could try something like this for an event:

regarding this @Asher I will definitely bring this up with the ec team at our next meeting since I love this idea for a event!

• Like 1
Edited by Iota
fixing thingys

• Content Count:  160

1. maybe have a keystrokes thingy (idk the true name for it) that u see when u spec the bot but on your screen for you during ur runs, a few surf servers have this and I just think I would make a good addition, and make it toggleable 

I remember talking about this definitely something to look into. Currently looking into how we would go about maybe redesigning the timer itself and if possible this would be something we could implement.

2. going through and removing stuff to cut down on dl size since for me and this just could be a me issue but some maps can take up to like 5mins to dl on rare occurrences.

Already working through this. Currently going through the server files and right now at this time I'm removing any unused maps and files. Already greatly decreased the size of the server, but there's still a good amount to go through!

Thanks for the input! 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.