? servers

? players online

The Whale...

• Content Count:  1051

I just finished watching The Whale for the first time.. and it was so beautiful.

A lot of movies that tackle on sad or hard subjects get to me a lot. This movie was one of them. God I don't have words for how much I enjoyed this movie. I cried so hard, I'm still crying. The acting was lovely, the characters were lovely, and also harmful. His love for people, literature, the truth in peoples hearts, loving the small things was so inspiring for me. His breakdown, him trying to kill himself, the way the people around him were affected by what he had been doing to himself, was truly gold for me. This movie was amazing. If you haven't seen it I really do suggest you do. God man.. Brendan Fraser did so good. 

My only thing that I wish the movie did, was have a better ending and maybe showed the daughters true love and attention shine through. Although that wasn't the point of the movie, and it obviously wasn't intended to be that way which I respect whole-heartedly, I do wish Ellie was portrayed to be someone who has messed up, but could make it back. You never get that closure. The end kinda signifies that, but it really isn't too clear on that.

I did seeming unlock a new fear watching this movie though. The last thing I want in my life, is to struggle moving. I truly enjoy being an active person; and seeing him like that put a different perspective in my head. I never was disgusted by him, but I never want to be him. What a beautiful movie man.

See Brendan Fraser in Gut-Wrenching, Emotional New Trailer for The Whale

"I need to know I've done one thing right in my life."

The delivery of this line will always put a tear on my face.

Edited by lynxie

Reply to Thread