? servers

? players online

Anybody excited for Bioshock?

• Content Count:  240

Looks nice and is innovative but the requirements are way too high for me.

recommended requirements:

Intel core 2 duo processor

DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better),

DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

2 GB RAM

8 GB free disc space

Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

Internet connection for activation

I'm not gonna buy new hardware or a new computer to be able to enjoy it anytime soon.

contempt :cry:

• Content Count:  1166

Looks nice and is innovative but the requirements are way too high for me.

recommended requirements:

Intel core 2 duo processor

DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better),

DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

2 GB RAM

8 GB free disc space

Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

Internet connection for activation

I'm not gonna buy new hardware or a new computer to be able to enjoy it anytime soon.

contempt :cry:

Contempt! :dm:

Don't be so negative. Screw the game find another amazing one...

Actually just wanted to use the Emoticon. Sorry bout that

• Content Count:  672

What is bioshock?

And why does it need DX9 AND 10 to run? I thought only vista had DX10 support.. I mean, i have a gfx card with DX10, but it isnt much use..

You can play it with either DX9 or 10, DX10 = extra cool graphics shit. They still say that the game looks great even in DX9. Hopefully, my 7600gt can atleast play the game on medium.

Also...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock

Bioshock is a FPS/RPG hybrid. Made by the same people who made System Shock 1 & 2. I never played SS 1&2, but I heard that they were some of the best FPSes.

• Content Count:  208

Yea, I just got through playing System Shock 2 for the n^8th time. I should be able to play Bioshock on medium with my setup, I'm also getting the retail version instead of the one off steam. It just feels better to have a physical copy.

• Content Count:  672

A demo just came out today, so if you guys are worried about how well your comp will run it, just try playing the demo. Someone was able to run the game with just a 7600gs, 1 gig of ram, and an athlon64 3200 on high settings with no stuttering. I got a slightly better video card (7600gt lol) and a E6300(plan on getting another gig of ram), so that makes me jump with joy! It also helps to know that this game is optimized really well (compared to poorly optimized games like STALKER, can't even run that damn game on medium without it stuttering like hell).

Reply to Thread