? servers

? players online

Microphone problem

• Content Count:  6712

I'm having a really annoying issue with my microphone. Its been a problem with previous mics but this is the worst case.

I just bought the mic and, from my old mic I had to have all my settings to max, the microphone volume and in vent outbound 10+ just for people to hear me.

With this I need all maxed and I also need "Microphone boost" on.

This is really a big problem because when Microphone boost is on there are really annoying background noises, and speaking into the mic creates a big noise.

I'm thinking that I might just keep this headset for the headphones, and buy a cheap desktop microphone which will probably be alot more durable and have better quality.

Besides that, can people still help me with the volume issue.

• Content Count:  6242

If you have to have your volume maxed for people to hear you then you need to speak up lol. Seriously. You shouldn't have your volume maxed. That will cause distortion and like you said you'll hear the background noises (fans or tvs). Your mic volume should be in the middle...if you need volume for people to hear you...do it through vent and if people can't hear you if you max it they'll just have to boost you on their end.

• Content Count:  6712

If you have to have your volume maxed for people to hear you then you need to speak up lol. Seriously. You shouldn't have your volume maxed. That will cause distortion and like you said you'll hear the background noises (fans or tvs). Your mic volume should be in the middle...if you need volume for people to hear you...do it through vent and if people can't hear you if you max it they'll just have to boost you on their end.

I'm not going to shout, the whole point of a headset is to be quiet (and speak..but yeah)

My mic volume is on full, and vent is on outbound 10+ (the max) so theres no other way to boost other than boost, which imo isn't an option.

I also think that getting everyone else to boost me isn't going to happen.

Reply to Thread