? servers

? players online

I need a new computer

• Content Count:  14

hey i have a HP about 5 years old and runs horrible. i get 17 fps on d2 if im lucky, and wondering what are some good choices ive saved up about $1000.

Thanks,

Sterling

• Content Count:  555

Really, you can get close to the best you can buy for $1500-$2000, and even if you go down to $1000, you can buy a bad-ass computer, however you're going to need to build it, which requires some knowledge. You can buy a pre-made one, but of course if will be a lot more expensive.

• Content Count:  167

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12677528

I built a pretty badass budget one out of boredom a little while ago that costs right around a $1000. Worth a look. This doesn't include a monitor/mouse/keyboard though. You could play around with the setup a little. If anything you could go for a slightly cheaper videocard and get a second hard drive for storage depending on how many files you have, although if you don't have a ton of movies/music/pictures 300 GB is more than enough for most people and Raptors are sweet. I wouldn't change the CPU, but if you want a different brand/slightly faster RAM, by all means, go for it.

Reply to Thread