? servers

? players online

My new gadget - a Mac OSX netbook

• Content Count:  167

I had been messing with the idea of getting a netbook for a while, finally found one I liked for a great price in the Lenovo s10 (on sale) and bought it. I put a clean install of XP on it (I hate most computer companies bloatware), added some of my favorite lightweight programs, and found out it can actually run a handful of games surprisingly well (Diablo 2 ftw).

Then I ran into a post talking about installing OSX 10.5.6 on it and how easy it was to do. My roommate picked me up a student copy of the Mac operating system, I followed a few tutorials and bam, I got myself a Mac Mini Laptop. It runs awesomely for how little it cost.

I know hardcore gamers with laugh at how underpowered netbooks are, but that's why I have my badass desktop, to play games and do high end stuff. When I need something to sit on the couch with and surf the web or take with me on vacation, I now have my dual booting XP/OSX Lenovo s10. Here are some pictures. Look how small it is next to my 22" and 19" monitors. Sorry for the crappy quality. I only have my phone's camera right now.

• Content Count:  1730

Only reason I don't have a laptop is that I'd want it be so powerful that I can even play some games on it.. They're all rather expensive so I end up pushing the idea back and more often.

Tho nice you have something like that, seems funny to have a MAC OSX on a mini-pc When I use Linux / WinXP on a mini-pc at work ^^

Reply to Thread