? servers

? players online

help with firewall for wow

• Content Count:  521

ok i just got a free trial and i was patching and it said i was behind a firewall i was on 1 and a half hours trying to get it to let it patch i even turned it off and it was still protected now i don't even know wat firewall i am on i think can someone help me by posting wat to do or going on teamveiwer i really need your help thanks

• Content Count:  3440

What operating system are you running?

If XP go to start .. then run.. in the run box type "taskmgr" Then take screenshots of what processes are running.. Post the screenshots here and then maybe we can figure out what firewall you are running.

NOTE: I find it very odd that you have no clue what firewall software you have installed (is this your computer?)

• Content Count:  1910

When I play "new" games on my PC, Windows Firewall comes with a little popup saying something. Example...

hl2.exe is attempting internet access on your computer

BLOCK UNBLOCK

Do you have naything liek that?

• Content Count:  1839

if you have a router, most routers these days double as hardware firewalls. if this is the case you must "forward" the correct ports for the game. i'm not sure what it is for this stupid game, but a quick google of "ports required for WoW or world of warcraft" should tell you.

and to "forward" the ports, you must get into your router, which is done in different ways depending on the router. my suggestion here is to also google something like "how to use (brand of router) router"

Reply to Thread