? servers

? players online

Home school

• Content Count:  1755

My mom has brought up the idea that I take home school so I can help my dad with his business and such. The question is that I have no clue what home school is about just that you don't go to school no more. lol Has anyone here taken home school?

• Content Count:  1230

I know a few people that were homeschooled. Some of them even taught themselves. I don't know how that works, but ironically, they're quite intelligent.

Yup, I know a few of those.

I personally wouldn't give up on the High School experience. At times I felt like shoving my foot up it's ass, but I also got a lot of good out of it and the good was far greater than the bad. The decision is up to you and your family. Good luck with whatever you decide, you can't go wrong with whatever is best for you.

• Content Count:  208

Homeschool is great, and usually very smart kids come out of it. But they're usually not prepared for a college curriculum, or social situations. The best thing I'd say is to stay in school, it may suck, but when its over you have all those retarded moments to look back on.

• Content Count:  1755

Well lol this is my last year of high school so I think I am good, I mean my voice won't croak when I talk to a girl or I won't throw up when a pop quiz comes up. lol I think I'll take home school, it would just be better overall.

• Content Count:  1938

From what I heard from people I know who were home schooled, you are to pass certain tests that the, state? school district? not sure which, provides for you. You are given a certain curriculum and test in those topics.

Honestly I wouldn't give up my public school experience for home school. It gives you a 4 years head start on realizing that most people in the world are idiots : D

• Content Count:  198

Homeschooling is fine and all, but as mentioned, sometimes you have to make a fool of yourself to learn important lessons in life. Granted, I'm sure you could eventually learn these lessons too after homeschooling, but having people to lean on, friends to hang with, and people to hate can really make a difference when it comes to living your life and finding a job (although it seems like you've got that second one covered).

Then again, it's not for us to decide your future, so hell, do whatever you want. :rolleyes:

Reply to Thread