? servers

? players online

Gaming system under $550.00?

• Content Count:  198

IPS are not the only factor in buying a processor, and neither is speed. This conversation is going no where fast, as it's impossible to rule either company victorious. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Saying either one is superior as a company or compared to a company's product is sheer insanity.

EDIT: You've got to stop editing your comments. It makes me look like an idiot, unless that's what you're going for. lol

• Content Count:  1300

no i was ending the convo as you said you wanted. so i removed the last part. i can put it back ,

the point your missing is the proc he had was 2x512kb l2. the one he has now is 400mhz slower and 2x 1 meg l2 cache. given nothing else. by its very nature the doubling of the onboard chip memory makes it that much better overall for a speed loss that i can erase in a few minutes in the bios.

i brought down my arguments so that a normal gamers could grasp them, if you wold prefer to get technical we can, or you can feel free to talk to me at my site hardware.gamershell.com

either way id love to see what your argument is overall other then its faster. i enjoy a good debate.

• Content Count:  198

I'm not trying to get into a debate. I'm trying to help someone, and that's it. If you're looking for some sort of "tech-off", I'm not your man.

This is pretty useful:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=918&model2=883&chart=435

It's not what I'm basing my claims off of, and I'm plenty aware that both models can be overclocked, but that E2160 model is closest to the E2180 that they had available. It'll give you a general idea of what a processor will perform at, but in no way should be the only resource that makes up one's mind regarding these types of matters.

• Content Count:  2527

I appriciate everyones opinions here and to everyone who help me decide what to do.

Why I bought it in the first place:

I already have a good system at home. This system is just a newer one that I demanded to keep under $550. I will be using my old system during the week while I am in IOWA on biz and the new system while im at home on the weekends. My son plays on the old system currently and I didnt want to leave him without a gamer during the week. So in the end I needed two cheaper systems that allow both of us to play any game we want whithout spending much. In the end they both will perform good on todays games and I am happy with that result, which really is all that matters.

PS: I would spend alot more on system parts if I didn't have adult bills :-). My mortage/utils/phones/tv/cars cost me $2,600 a month so gaming has to come second to that.

Reply to Thread