? servers

? players online

Slipknot?

• Content Count:  193

Too late for what? Am I an elitist for expressing my opinion? Difference in technicality between the two bands is not debateable. It's a fact. And you're really running out of ideas aren't you? Otherwise you wouldn't quote a sentence which has more to do with me than it does with the actual discussion.

Edited by Scree :O

• Content Count:  31

You get to hear the ENTIRE song in the first 1.5 minutes. The rest of the song is just loop with an occasional chorus or a solo. A typical pop song. The only thing I liked about the band is Joey Jordison. His skills with the drums are pretty cool.

And a typical SlipKnot fan:

lRPYU4n2wmI

I prefer something a bit more sophisticated. Not to sound like an elitist prick but there's a difference.

1DND8S_CF_g

The song is a bit more complicated, takes more skill and has awesome death metal growls. SlipKnot are pansies ffs.

The way your coming off IS elitist. Your saying they are bad because your stereotyping the fans. Is that what you look for in a band? Sorry, I let music come first..who care's if retards listen to the band, lol.

Calling slipknot pop is really stupid too. Sure, they aren't the most brutal band out there, but they have some heavy songs. The newer CD isn't as heavy as their old stuff, but hey, it's up to what you like. If you actually looked into it you might be impressed.. not to mention that their CD has gotten a lot of positive ratings.

For the record slipknot is not my favorite band or anything. I didn't really care about them until I decided to look into them, and yeah I was quite impressed. Not forcing my opinion on you :\ But it sounds like you haven't really listened to anything besides their singles.

I used to listen to SlipKnot until I got more into the music, discovered more bands, etc. I then discovered that most of the music I found is superior to SlipKnot in more ways than one. Sure SlipKnot knows how to put up a show and I think this verse from one of their song puts it in perspective:

"Fuck it all, fuck this world, fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't exists, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!".

No wonder it's giving kids the kids something to look up to. They want to be something special, to stand out. SlipKnot is supposedly giving it to them. You can judge a band by its fanbase. It's completely logical.

Most people that I know and listen to SlipKnot really are that stupid. Violent, self-centered brutes so maybe my opinion is a bit biased but that's what I see here.

I know SlipKnot. I still have Iowa somewhere in my CD collection. And I'm not judging anyone that listens to this music I only feel that, strictly objectively and based on numerous reviews there is music of higher quality in the same genre (sort of atleast, SlipKnot can be labeled as Nu-Metal). If you like to listen to it, then do it. This thread was sort of made to hear both sides.

Edited by Scree :O

• Content Count:  4360

There are much better screamo bands out there for example Attack Attack is a cool band that mixed techno with screamo and its a nice combo

• Content Count:  2750

I used to listen to SlipKnot until I got more into the music, discovered more bands, etc. I then discovered that most of the music I found is superior to SlipKnot in more ways than one. Sure SlipKnot knows how to put up a show and I think this verse from one of their song puts it in perspective:

"Fuck it all, fuck this world, fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't exists, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!".

No wonder it's giving kids the kids something to look up to. They want to be something special, to stand out. SlipKnot is supposedly giving it to them. You can judge a band by its fanbase. It's completely logical.

Most people that I know and listen to SlipKnot really are that stupid. Violent, self-centered brutes so maybe my opinion is a bit biased but that's what I see here.

I know SlipKnot. I still have Iowa somewhere in my CD collection. And I'm not judging anyone that listens to this music I only feel that, strictly objectively and based on numerous reviews there is music of higher quality in the same genre (sort of atleast, SlipKnot can be labeled as Nu-Metal). If you like to listen to it, then do it. This thread was sort of made to hear both sides.

Then by your logic, if I were to judge you, your choice in music would imply that you worship a Satanic Cult and that you have the Lords Prayer tattoed backwards on your left buttcheek.

No, thats what Cradle of Filth fans do. You haven't done your homework. Necrophagist is a technical death metal band. This particular genre focuses more on the music and the song structure itself. The growling is just for the heck of it, I'm pretty sure you can't sing to this particular genre of music.

And yes if you were to judge me solely on the genre(s) of music I listen to I would be: a Murderer, a rapist, a satanist, just because a song is about it? And we're not talking about Theistic Satanism either. It's some sort of Atheistic Satanism, maybe Paganism or LaVeyan Satanism. Active Atheism. The people who actually worship satan are contradicting themselves since Black Metal is about individuality and freedom of choice (religion wise). Then some people bastardized it to their own means and now well... Some of it is just stupid.

I just observe and remember what I see about certain groups of people.

• Content Count:  31

lol what you said is pretty true about people that listen to slipknot.

some people don't listen to it even for the music, just a status or something..

I listen to what I listen to because I enjoy it, simple as that :)

Reply to Thread