? servers

? players online

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl

• Content Count:  672

It's a great game, definitly not the type of game where you go rambo on every enemy you see as you'll be dead in seconds (just the way I like it, I always enjoy doing some thinking on how I'll take down my enemies). My only gripe is that the weapons do so little damage. I hated how I could empty 3 pistol clips on an enemy and they'll still be shooting at me as if nothing has happened (luckily, there are mods for that).

If you're interested, there are some mods out right now that changes things like weapon damage to be more realistic (warning: it also raises your enemies weapon damage) and so on :

http://stalker.filefront.com/files/Stalker/Mods;3785

I'm currently using the realism mod, which makes the game really hard and changes many other things in the game, such as weapon damage, changed hit detection such as the head and upper body will be more fatal, higher quality weapon sounds, etc. More can be found here :

http://tinyurl.com/yun6ae

P.S. Quicksave is your best friend.

You wouldn't happen to know an area abundant with pseudodogs, would ya? I need one of their tails. :(

They are pretty rare, I know one is where you get the perfect suit for Nimble's quest, so I guess you keep reloading your save until it drops it. There are some in front of the first Duty base, just watch out since there are also packs of blind dogs aroud that area. Also, the pseudodog's tail is extremely dark, so it might appear that it's not carrying anything when you check it's body, so just click take all to see if it does have it.

Right after the place where you help the duty guys fight the boar mutants, so yeah, the entance of the first duty base. You'll know you're at the right place when you start getting mauled by blind dogs. I usually find 2 pseudodogs there, I'm pretty sure they respawn from time to time.

Also, there is an issue with lockups and stuttering in the game, to fix this, do the following :

Right Click your STALKER icon, click properites, then in the Target box, one space after the last character, insert "-noprefetch" (without quotes).

This is exactly how it should look:

"C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\XR_3DA.exe" -noprefetch

If you're an ATI user like myself, open up the task manager and end both of the following proccesses:

MOM.exe

CCC.exe

Credit goes to mismajor99 or whoever found out about it at GameFAQs. I haven't tried it yet, but a lot of players from the forums no longer have lag issues in certain areas and what not (there is one specific area where any action taken (talking to npc, saving/quicksaving, etc.) will cause you to crash to your desktop, which should be fixed by adding the above in the target line.)

Wow, some of the most idiotic comments from the comments section, "Oh noes! I have to "explore" in this game! What a bad game! I gave up after five minutes of playing!" or "What? The guns shoot realistically! My shots are supposed to be 100% accurate even if I'm shooting miles away with a pistol!"

Anyways, hopefully nothing really comes out of the whole water textures and lighting copying thing.

Reply to Thread