? servers

? players online

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl

• Content Count:  672

Hey, I have a question. Would joining Duty be a wise choice?

As of now, there is no official way of Joining Duty no matter how many missions you do for them, but I have seen people be able to join Freedom (though I think it wasn't possible before the patch.) Hopefully their next patch will fix this problem. But it is better to have both factions friendly to you just to avoid them. To do this, do the following:

(From snuffles10155 of GameFAQs)

What you should do ,in this order is

1. Go to the Duty guys at the farmhouse outside the freedom base,get the kill sniper mission and go kill the sniper

2. DO NOT GO BACK TO GET YOUR REWARD

3.Run round and enter the freedom base,speak to the leader guy and tell him about the duty crew at the farmhouse

4.Talk to the guy that the leader sends you to so he briefs his men to attack the duty squad

5.Run off as fast as possible to the duty people at the farmhouse

6.They should be acting as though you had gotten the reward from killing the sniper and proceeding to blow a hole in that brick wall

7.Head back round to the freedom base entrance,you should see the freedom squad heading out to get duty,but they will stop as soon as they hear the explosion and run back into thier base. Once this happens head in and do not attack anyone,you will know this has worked so far if none of the factions attacks you and remains neutral.

8.Wait till the duty people get near the freedom leader building,then head inside and check to see if the guard downstairs is gone,if so quickly destroy the padlock to the gate,open it and take what you wish,make sure to grab the grenade launcher attachment(if you need it) and revovler grenade launcher on top of the lockers in the case

9.Get back out quickly to avoid the guard trapping you inside when he returns to his post,the duty squad should have failed by now and all be dead,go speak to the leader of freedom and i think he should thank you and then you will be friendly to freedom,otherwise you can come back to the leader and do one of his jobs to make freedom friendly

10. Head back to the Bar Place where Duty controls, thats the place where the guy who helps you in the main storyline quest and find the duty headquarter place,speak to the guard to get in and speak with the leader guy of duty,then you can give him the grenade launcher to make duty friendly to you,if that doesnt work then just do one of his jobs

That should get you friendly to both factions....worked for me haaha

Anyways, its usually better to just get both factions to like you. Joining one faction will cause the other to be hostile to you (since Freedom is the only one you can join, joining them will cause Duty and the Scientist factions to be hostile to you.) Just refuse missions that involve killing one member of another a faction and you'll be set

Reply to Thread