? servers

? players online

help me!!!!!!

• Content Count:  6559

I don't think it's the hard drive because his screen is messed up from the start. The bios is on the MOBO not the hard drive. It's messed up before it even begins loading the OS from the HD.

That's why I think it's the graphics card, or something on the mobo maybe.

You can always buy a gfx card from best buy, save the receipt and return it if that doesn't fix it. ANd if it does, you can buy one online for cheaper and once you get that, go back to best buy and return the other gfx card anyways.

• Content Count:  4960

well if i have to buy a new card i will be a 9000 series which means i need a new power supply as well,.

fuck my life...

9500GT doesn't consume that much power. You can also try the 9600 GSO.

• Content Count:  903

That happened to my moms pc, i believe it was the mother board that caused it

how can that be if when i take out my grafix card and use the on board one it works fine?

are u sure?

• Content Count:  3736

how can that be if when i take out my grafix card and use the on board one it works fine?

are u sure?

doubt it will do fine with on board power! My 8600 GTS barely does!

• Content Count:  3391

Definitely the video card. Looks like the on-board RAM fried (artifacts). If you used the motherboard's on-board video and didn't get any artifacts then it's a safe bet that it is indeed the video card. What model is the computer? You shouldn't need a new PSU if you're going to a 9xxx model, depending on that eMachine's age, it should have a 400w+ PSU.

Also, most video cards come with a lifetime warranty. Contact the manufacturer and see if you can RMA it for a new one. If they don't carry that card in stock anymore they will probably give you a free upgrade to the closet thing.

• Like 1
Edited by TheVirus

Reply to Thread