? servers

? players online

Netbooks

• Content Count:  3736

Im thinking about getting an Acer aspire one 8.9" with windows XP and 120GB.

I was wondering if any of you guys own a netbook and what have been the different experience any of you had with them..mine would be strictly for mobility and homework/study/work on the go as I have a PC for games..the whole purpose of buying one is staying cheap..

Im not putting $600 in one cause I would be better of buying a laptop!

• Content Count:  3440

I have for work purchased/worked on/and re-imaged the following models.

Acer Aspire One

Dell Inspiron Mini9

Asus EEE PC 9-12" models.

Of the netbooks that I've worked on I liked the Acer the most.. All of them have drawbacks.. they are all slow. The keyboards are way too small to type anything of any real length on unless you have the hands of a small girl. Acer's keyboard I liked the best due to location of the right shift key. The other models put the up arrow where the shift key should be causing all kinds of hell if you are using linux or unix command line. They are all comparable when it comes to speed and performance.. that is to say they are slow .. good for basic word-processing and browsing the web.. and that's about it.

• Content Count:  868

I've got an Acer Aspire notebook. Not exactly what you're asking about but I think a review on the experience of the brand is valid. It performs as it's supposed to and doesn't give me any issues. I've owned it for 4 years, using it for programming and old school gaming at college, and it still works great. The touch pad gets real quirky though. When I move my finger across the touch pad, the mouse moves with it, and when I let go, it's like the touch pad rewinds my finger movement and the mouse goes back in the direction where it was. This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to where I carry a mouse along with my laptop. That's about my only complaint.

EDIT: Magic Konami number as my post count, 573.

Edited by BOOWY

• Content Count:  3736

I've got an Acer Aspire notebook. Not exactly what you're asking about but I think a review on the experience of the brand is valid. It performs as it's supposed to and doesn't give me any issues. I've owned it for 4 years, using it for programming and old school gaming at college, and it still works great. The touch pad gets real quirky though. When I move my finger across the touch pad, the mouse moves with it, and when I let go, it's like the touch pad rewinds my finger movement and the mouse goes back in the direction where it was. This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to where I carry a mouse along with my laptop. That's about my only complaint.

EDIT: Magic Konami number as my post count, 573.

Thanks guys!! I got the ONE from acer!! I think it will do just fine for what I need..suppose to complete my PC and give me access to what I need outside my home!

• Content Count:  166

if your willing to spend $100 more dollars, the Lenovo IdeaPad S12 would be a great choice..

12" screen, and based on nvidia ion (intel atom + nvidia igp)

you *could* get 30-40 fps on counter-strike with that.

I had one of the 9" msi netbooks, but sold it because keyboards that small will cause you to hunt and peck.

Reply to Thread