? servers

? players online

Windows 7

• Content Count:  4354

Is any one running off Windows 7 yet? I finished the DL this morning and thinking about doing a install of it for the hell of it. But wanted to see if any one else here has been running off it, and if they have had any issues.

Does it work well with games? And does it work well with all your hardware and drives?

win-7.jpg

• Content Count:  6741

We did a test at work comparing Vista to W7. The biggest improvement would probably be the amount of hardware usage just to run the OS. I think Vista was using roughly 800MB to do nothing whereas W7 used about 200MB. That alone is pretty good if you can't afford more memory. Visual wise, I don't like the icons that show at the bottom of the screen. Some of the shit I work on I can't even tell what I'm clicking on until it pops up, I prefer it to be named. Sticking to Vista until W7 SP1 comes out at least.

We did a test at work comparing Vista to W7. The biggest improvement would probably be the amount of hardware usage just to run the OS. I think Vista was using roughly 800MB to do nothing whereas W7 used about 200MB. That alone is pretty good if you can't afford more memory. Visual wise, I don't like the icons that show at the bottom of the screen. Some of the shit I work on I can't even tell what I'm clicking on until it pops up, I prefer it to be named. Sticking to Vista until W7 SP1 comes out at least.

That is a large improvement, and I have been hearing from allot of people that 7 is so much better then Vista in many ways. But I am still wanting to see what something thinks that is using it and gaming on it.

• Content Count:  252

Mircosoft always has 290313810 bugs with the inital release of the new windows and always fixes it with SP1 :p

• Content Count:  3440

Played around with it at work for a few days.. Overall it wasn't bad.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to game on it at all. I'm not going to put the time it would take into building my home pc with Windows 7 just to find out. I might have a spare computer I can put 7 on and let you know if you're willing to wait a week or so.

I am tempted to just install it tonight and see what happens. I can always reload my old OS back onto the computer.

Just reinstalling games is a pain. I have heard good things. I watch a Podcast and one of the hosts uses it and loves it, and he is a big pc gamer.

I just talked with my brother and he says he has been running it for months and it works great. Works great with all his game too. Only issue he said he had was with IE8 but just use Firefox and you are good to go.

• Content Count:  1839

I used it for a while, i'd use it right now if i didn't dread doing it all over again in a year or whenever it comes out.

when i used the beta before the RC1, in css i got like a 40 fps boost.

I just got done installing this and love it. The install was not to bad. Faster then other OS's, and It boots up so fast. All the extra stuff they put into W7 is really nice.

I am still waiting for CS:S to install to try it. But since it's free I would say every one should try it as long as they don't mind installing everything again.

Reply to Thread