? servers

? players online

Ruby Orb fan hitting the copper. Requesting Assistance.

• Content Count:  193

Hi,

I've have a bit of a problem. Last night I noticed my games weren't working properly. I had low FPS with every single game, including Counter Strike: Source and I have what is considered a mid-range computer. I opened up my pc case while the computer was still on and I've noticed that the fan mounted on the mother-board (Ruby Orb) stopped working. I gently touched it and it started working again but the fan seemed to hit a certain part of the copper heatsink. When I tried to press the lower end of the fan's base while it was turning the thing worked absolutely fine, when I released the pressure it started emmiting the really annoying sound of plastic hitting the copper.

If anyone has any experience with the problem, or you can think of a sensible solution, please share(inb4 PC service). Thank you.

• Content Count:  269

u probably shouldn't be touching anything in ur computer when it is on.. u should turn it off and ground urself so nothing screws up but i have never had that problem.. u can buy a new fan because i think i might have tilted a bit or came off of its axis in a way so ur fan is tilting on the one side and its aiming down towards ur copper and it is grinding.. so get a new fan or find a way to get it back on its axis again

Reply to Thread