? servers

? players online

Windows Movie Maker HELP!!!

• Content Count:  18

PROBLEM 1

Okay, I'm making a video and every time I previewed my work, it would play normally for a few seconds and then the preview screen would go black. The only fix I have is clicking the video in the collections area, then watching the clip in the previewer.

PROBLEM 2

Now I'm done with the video, but every time I try to save it as a movie file, the second half of the video won't have any sound.

Please help. If you don't know one, then please try the other. I'm desperate

PS: IF ANYONE REPLIES WITH THE "LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU SITE" I WILL PERSONALLY COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND SHOVE A SIZE TWELVE BOOT UP YOUR ASSHOLE. GOOGLE SUCKS.

• Content Count:  4473

PROBLEM 1

Okay, I'm making a video and every time I previewed my work, it would play normally for a few seconds and then the preview screen would go black. The only fix I have is clicking the video in the collections area, then watching the clip in the previewer.

PROBLEM 2

Now I'm done with the video, but every time I try to save it as a movie file, the second half of the video won't have any sound.

Please help. If you don't know one, then please try the other. I'm desperate

PS: IF ANYONE REPLIES WITH THE "LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU SITE" I WILL PERSONALLY COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND SHOVE A SIZE TWELVE BOOT UP YOUR ASSHOLE. GOOGLE SUCKS.

Windows Movie Maker sucks. If you can, download some free video software (there are some great ones out there). I have experienced your problems before and it just seems that WMM can't handle large amounts of video/audio before the project just corrupts itself (or something to that effect).

I have noticed if you remove the affected clips and insert a fresh clip, it fixes the problem, but that section can again be screwed over.

• Content Count:  3391

I never get around to it.

Virtual Dub is probably one of the more popular free video editing softwares out there. Adobe Premiere Express (http://www.Photobucket.com) is decent, though extremely lacking on any advanced filters/techniques.

Honestly, if you want to do video editing, get Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas. Both are outstanding products and far superior than WMM. There is a bit of a learning curve but it's not that hard and you don't need to use all the features. I think Sony Vegas is easier to pick up and learn than Premiere, simply because Premiere has some of the more mundane shit hidden away in not-so-obvious places.

• Content Count:  142

Yeah... Movie Maker is the bane of all existence. I use Final Cut Pro ($$$) and Adobe Premiere Pro ($$)... yet, I DO think Movie Maker can be used for photo slideshows.... takes too long in Premiere or otherwise. Just search for "Video Editing Open Source" and see what you have. The trouble with Windows Movie Maker is your video drivers and such play a big part. There is TOO much room for error.

Edited by Silverman
He hates Google.

Reply to Thread