? servers

? players online

United States Soccer Team Pride Thread

• Content Count:  6712

Futebol = South America (specifically Brasil)

Football = EU

Soccer = US :usa2:

I'm sure it's called other things as well... :blink:

But futebol is just their Spanish translation where as soccer doesn't translate to football ;) Although I'm pretty sure a name of a sport should be Universal :confused:

Oh well

• Content Count:  3440

But futebol is just their Spanish translation where as soccer doesn't translate to football ;) Although I'm pretty sure a name of a sport should be Universal :confused:

Oh well

Yeah it would be nice if the name were universal...

Hand_Egg.jpg?t=1246039622

• Content Count:  1839

trust me itch, i think most people alive would rather soccer be called football and us football to be called like tackle ball or something that has to do with the sport.

• Content Count:  4473

trust me itch, i think most people alive would rather soccer be called football and us football to be called like tackle ball or something that has to do with the sport.

It used to be called Gridiron. Maybe it was too manly of a name.

They call it football because it was derived from soccer and kicking the ball was a major part of the game. Since it is very different than what it originally was, just call it American Football or Gridiron and stop whining.

• Content Count:  8383

Yeah it would be nice if the name were universal...

Hand_Egg.jpg?t=1246039622

lol cant argue with that logic being a American football fan myself and not so much a soccer fan. :p

• Content Count:  4473

WE ALREADY HAD THIS DISCUSSION

Lets not bring it up again. But rather, back on topic, I'm going to make every effort to watch the game on sunday.

Its Brazil, so I am going to say the US will have no chance. Hopefully, that will bring luck it did against Spain.

However, since people might actually care about the sport for 5 seconds now, the US team might start sucking again.

• Content Count:  6712

Its Brazil, so I am going to say the US will have no chance. Hopefully, that will bring luck it did against Spain.

However, since people might actually care about the sport for 5 seconds now, the US team might start sucking again.

Brazil will score goals against the USA no doubt they attacking wise are stronger the defenders won't be able to cope.

But they have leaks goals like 3 against Eygpt so you could maybe score a few too....

Reply to Thread