? servers

? players online

GeForce 186.24 Beta Drivers Leaked

• Content Count:  1000

NVIDIA's upcoming beta driver suite has been leaked by sections of the Chinese media. The new driver, GeForce 186.24 (6.14.11.8624) is dated 23/06/2009, and follows the release of 186.18 by over two weeks. Due to the lack of a release-notes document from NVIDIA, not much is known about this released except that it expands the supported products list significantly, adding several IGPs and some GPUs belonging to the new 40 nm GT21x series. Be cautioned, this is a beta release that does not originate from NVIDIA's website, and is not guaranteed.

And do not blame me if you computer dies because of this driver. I am using it with no problems.

• Content Count:  1839

i don't understand why people enjoy updating so much.. just download a new driver every couple of months to take advantage of the faster speeds (if there are any).

unlikely. tbh i really doubt the bluescreens i get are caused by the graphics driver. for me personally it only happens on one or two games and at random times during those games to boot. Windows just blames the driver because whatever happened caused the driver to fail and try to recover ~3-4 times and then the computer just shits itself after that.

it is true that in xp 90% of all bsod's are because of the graphics card, but they've changed the architecture in vista/w7 to where drivers are separate from the kernel and normally cannot bring the system down.

yes, i get that. my question is why? what drives you to? updating as fast as possible just brings chances of bugs or what have you.

Unless you have major fps issues with a game you're playing, you don't need to update that much. But thats why i arbitrarily said "2 months or so" because you SHOULD update every once in a while.

... no.. no i dont. yes i know they update drivers to include new hardware, fix KNOWN BUGS, and perhaps increase efficiency with older cards.

but if you HONESTLY think that they can foresee new bugs that would occur by fixing old ones, you have another thing coming.

on top of that, i used to be the same as you, until i came across one of these "impossible and nonexistent" bugs in a game that worked fine prior, i had to roll back.

• Content Count:  1000

... no.. no i dont. yes i know they update drivers to include new hardware, fix KNOWN BUGS, and perhaps increase efficiency with older cards.

but if you HONESTLY think that they can foresee new bugs that would occur by fixing old ones, you have another thing coming.

on top of that, i used to be the same as you, until i came across one of these "impossible and nonexistent" bugs in a game that worked fine prior, i had to roll back.

Oh, okay, I see what you are saying. My bad. I have mistaken. xD

Reply to Thread