? servers

? players online

Zune V. Ipod

• Content Count:  494

iTunes has scarred me for life. Thus, I'll be getting a Zune when I can afford it.

Lol what has iTunes ever done to you other than waste 99cents per song?

• Content Count:  868

iTunes is a horrendous application and I refuse to use it ever again. I used it when my brother got an iPod for Christmas and I was appauled within 5 minutes of running iTunes. I haven't touched iTunes since then(which is a good three or four years mind you), so I don't remember a lot and maybe Apple has gotten their shit together since then. Adding files to a library, putting them into a playlist, syncing the device to iTunes, all of this stupid bullshit over the simple act of listening to music on a portable device. I wasn't thrilled to see iTunes converting every MP3 I wanted to put into the iPod into an AAC file either, what the fuck is the point of that? If that's a setting that's changable, why the fuck is/was that the default? Digital music management should not be a hobby I have to take up in order to listen to music on a portable device.

• Content Count:  1000

iTunes is a horrendous application and I refuse to use it ever again. I used it when my brother got an iPod for Christmas and I was appauled within 5 minutes of running iTunes. I haven't touched iTunes since then(which is a good three or four years mind you), so I don't remember a lot and maybe Apple has gotten their shit together since then. Adding files to a library, putting them into a playlist, syncing the device to iTunes, all of this stupid bullshit over the simple act of listening to music on a portable device. I wasn't thrilled to see iTunes converting every MP3 I wanted to put into the iPod into an AAC file either, what the fuck is the point of that? If that's a setting that's changable, why the fuck is/was that the default? Digital music management should not be a hobby I have to take up in order to listen to music on a portable device.

The coversion is for better quality. You can turn it off in the options. Itunes has this feature off as default.

• Content Count:  3736

you sacrifice 5 minutes of your time to change a couple settings and find your way around and Itune is a good program...AAC allows you to have lower size song with the same quality as mp3. Very usefull when the size is limited like a nano or a shuffle

• Content Count:  711

I happen to also have an 8gb Zune, and it is good, haven't had an Ipod before but I know that everyone I know who has had an Ipod has had like 4 because they break all the time, Zunes have metal and I'm guessing are better quality than the over-hyped cousin the Ipod.

• Content Count:  4360

You can only play shared songs 3 times/have them for 3 days, whichever comes first, then they implode. Nice fail though.

ahhh but you can hack this

I happen to also have an 8gb Zune, and it is good, haven't had an Ipod before but I know that everyone I know who has had an Ipod has had like 4 because they break all the time, Zunes have metal and I'm guessing are better quality than the over-hyped cousin the Ipod.

zunes are very durable. i have had one problem when it comes to owning a zune. Everyone i know has a ipod so they have ipod speakers that are ONLY for ipod and do not work for zune so i need to find some sort of adapter if i can find one or possibly make my own

Lol what has iTunes ever done to you other than waste 99cents per song?

who the hell buys music these days? I got 47gb of music from my buddy and i have never bought any music since than

Edited by b0red

Reply to Thread