? servers

? players online

Anyone into recording here?

• Content Count:  85

Is there anyone else here who records and mixes their own songs? Or other bands songs? If so, let's talk about! Perhaps we can talk of technique :)

So I'll start off. I just want to know what programs are used more (I have an idea, but its more interesting to see what everyone uses).

The DAW I use is Logic Pro 8. Great application. Only for mac osx however :(

For drums I use Superior Drummer 2.0 with ezx Drumkit from Hell, and the sdx "The Metal Foundry".

For Superior drummer, I output the overhead, all kick mics, all snare mics, hi hat, rack toms and floor toms to their own aux track. That way I use logic to process them and really can get my hands dirty. I use aptrigga2 to replace superiors kick with a more meaty kick sample that I have, which sounds amazing :)

For guitar I input a DI signal into my computer and use Logics guitar amp pro, set it to di box, and apply an impulse response (usually two different ones for each rythm guitar. Meaning two tracks panned to hard left and two to hard right, both with two different impulse responses for a unique sound. If I have a solo guitar I dual track that and then set it to dead center, then add reverb to it using goldverb (another logic plugin).

For bass I do a single track DI signal to bass amp pro in logic, set the cab to DI box and again use space designer to use an impulse response with it. (I have hundreds of impulse responses >.>)

For vocals I don't really use much more than compression and an eq. Nothing special.

Some fun synth stuff I like using is magic 8 bit which is an 8 bit synth. I love it so much, it adds some unique things to my music :)

So anyone else do any of this? If so, discuss!

• Content Count:  4360

me and my friends what to make a band. We are gonna be Heart Attack Insano. A techno screamo band. My friend came up with the idea. I'm the keyboardist. right after i learn to play the keyboard :toung:

• Content Count:  480

Some of my friends from Madison play with me, we play bars and campus parties for extra cash. We play

mixes of System of a Down, Morbid Angel, Metallica, King Diamond, our own songs (for which we get

mixed reviews) and ONCE a Dragonforce song, which my drumming friend doesn't like to do, because he

doesn't have enough stamina. We've recorded on 8 Tracks, tapes, and most recently got some stuff on CD

which we sold to some drunk guys. I play the guitar, which involves most of the solos because I have a 12 Year lead

when it comes to the other guy. I also play the keyboard for some SOAD songs, and once the drums. Me and the bassist

do vocals.

me and my friends what to make a band. We are gonna be Heart Attack Insano. A techno screamo band. My friend came up with the idea. I'm the keyboardist. right after i learn to play the keyboard :toung:

You guys aren't by chance fans of Breathe Carolina? My friend recommended them to me, and it was the first time I

was embarassed to be listening to music.

Edited by 2 Dwarves, 1 Coat

• Content Count:  6242

The way I have set up is I use a mixing board and plug it into my computer. Guitars and whatever go into the mixer makes live easier to adjust volume to prevent over-modulating. The next thing is I use an older program called Cool Edit 2 Pro. The current version is called Adobe Audition, but works the same way. You pretty much treat the program like a 8 track recorder but you can have like 128 tracks. Both programs have good AFX generators.

• Content Count:  4360

Some of my friends from Madison play with me, we play bars and campus parties for extra cash. We play

mixes of System of a Down, Morbid Angel, Metallica, King Diamond, our own songs (for which we get

mixed reviews) and ONCE a Dragonforce song, which my drumming friend doesn't like to do, because he

doesn't have enough stamina. We've recorded on 8 Tracks, tapes, and most recently got some stuff on CD

which we sold to some drunk guys. I play the guitar, which involves most of the solos because I have a 12 Year lead

when it comes to the other guy. I also play the keyboard for some SOAD songs, and once the drums. Me and the bassist

do vocals.

You guys aren't by chance fans of Breathe Carolina? My friend recommended them to me, and it was the first time I

was embarassed to be listening to music.

they blow chunks

Reply to Thread