38 members have voted

1. 1. What is wrong with this image?

• A. The message
    • B. The gore
    • C. The fact that Dracula posted it
    • D. There is nothing wrong with this image

What is wrong with this image?

• Content Count:  3457

I have not seen the image, I dont request someone POSTS the image, but could I be told where to SEE the image he posted? Too see if he really did deserve a ban Im really interested in this case

He has been banned, the decision is made. There is no need for u to "review the case", cos it's closed.

The higher ups know when someone is going too far in things, and they can handle themselves good enough without any help.

• Content Count:  4473

The point I'm getting across is if people are going to cross the line and start flaming everyone that attempts to use our forums, then I'll be getting rid of them. We're a community and we're supposed to expand, get used to it.

What he did was pretty mild compared to what he normally does. Since he got back, I haven't noticed anything that should get him perm banned. His actions were an improvement over his usual antics in the past.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I've been the same, will be the same, and will not change. The only difference is I forum banned a person you're a friend with so you're slightly bothered by it and are trying to make it look like me receiving BD status changed my ways to make me feel guilty so I'll unban him, sorry Italian but I could care less. I treat everyone the same, regardless of who they are.

We barely even talk to each other. I am not doing it because it was Dracula, I am doing it because it was a piss poor decision to ban him on something so light. I have not mentioned anything about you being a BD in my posts.

If anyone wants to see the image, just PM me and I will send it to you.

Edited by Italian Jew

• Content Count:  2488

What he did was pretty mild compared to what he normally does. Since he got back, I haven't noticed anything that should get him perm banned. His actions were an improvement over his usual antics in the past.

The fact is he needs to not do it at all. I have no problems with Drac, but I just warned him about it a week ago about the same exact thing and gave him a 3-day ban from the forums regarding it.

We barely even talk to each other. I am not doing it because it was Dracula, I am doing it because it was a piss poor decision to ban him on something so light. I have not mentioned anything about you being a BD in my posts.

I know we hardly talk to each other & you haven't said anything about my BD position, I agree and apologize for jumping the gun & reading/taking your post in the wrong way.

It wasn't a piss poor decision because he was just warned for doing the same shit regardless if it is light or heavy, it was proof that he wasn't going to change and that he would be doing the same shit.

I understand you only do this on things that you think are wrong, but you need to realize that Dracula has been warned & banned for the same exact thing before. If I wouldn't have banned him for his actions, then I'd have another group asking about "Double Standards" because I let it slide.

I'm not on any side of the fence with decisions regarding Drac, I'm in the middle, as I am with everyone else.

I enjoyed playing with Drac & I even gave him my version of CoH so he could play with the rest of the group playing it but he has no special immunities, nor does anyone else in this community.

The fact is he needs to not do it at all. I have no problems with Drac, but I just warned him about it a week ago about the same exact thing and gave him a 3-day ban from the forums regarding it.

It wasn't a piss poor decision because he was just warned for doing the same shit regardless if it is light or heavy, it was proof that he wasn't going to change and that he would be doing the same shit.

He seemed to be acting consistently throughout the week. Him posting that image and him complaining about a certain group are things he has done for a while, so why is it THIS SPECIFIC instance that did him in when he hadn't been approached about his behavior after you spoke with him?

He seemed to be acting consistently throughout the week. Him posting that image and him complaining about a certain group are things he has done for a while, so why is it THIS SPECIFIC instance that did him in when he hadn't been approached about his behavior after you spoke with him?

He was doing fine for the week until he posted the image and was heading down the same old road again.

He was talked to before, which was his warning. He was banned before which was warning #2. I just recently banned him which was warning #3. Now I just banned him again which is the perm ban after he had already been warned 3x about the SAME exact actions that got him banned before.

I don't see what you're not understanding. We follow the 3strike policy here, it doesn't vary unless someone goes to an extreme. He was given his 3 chances and in-fact given an extra chance by myself, all of which were warnings that he understood.

Why do I have to take time out of what I'm doing to talk to him like a child and explain to him that what he's doing is wrong after every occurrence? I'm not going to baby every person in this community to get them to understand things, no one should. He's old enough to take responsibility for his own actions, as is everyone else in this community.

An image such as the one he posted should not result in a perm ban, especially if he removed the image after he received a lot of grief from people.

If he was not going to change, why did he remove it? Normally he would keep it there to cause more drama, but he didn't.

• Content Count:  3380

it's best to stay out of this.

No thanks. I saw the pic, I dont question the opinion or descision of the Higher Ups that decided this, I think it is a kinda graphic pic, and i dont think it was appropriate to post it. Thats all I wanna say here

An image such as the one he posted should not result in a perm ban, especially if he removed the image after he received a lot of grief from people.

If he was not going to change, why did he remove it? Normally he would keep it there to cause more drama, but he didn't.

When I issued the ban, the picture was still there. He must have edited the post as I was in the usercp.

You're missing the point, he was banned before for flaming people & just generally being a troll. I perm banned him not only for the picture, but for doing the same shit as before.

The post was also reported, which ends up being an email sent to all higher-ups. If the post is bad enough where someone takes the time to report it and when I check my email hours later the picture is still there, then yes it warrants a ban.

:edit:

Let me put it in a different perspective...

If someone gets banned for racism for 1 week, then they come back to the servers after the week is up and use racism again, but using lighter words, it's still racism and that person will get banned.

Now what you're saying is, basically that person shouldn't get banned because the racism he used wasn't as bad as the one before?

Do you see where I'm coming from now?

When I issued the ban, the picture was still there. He must have edited the post as I was in the usercp.

He edited his post at 11:07 PM. His last post was at 11:39 pm on another thread. His last post in that thread was at 11:36 PM. Do bans take half an hour to roll through the forum?

I perm banned him not only for the picture, but for doing the same shit as before.

His posts were milder than usual. He was showing more restraint than usual and you cannot expect him to completely shun off from what he does when other people say the same things and nothing happens. It may be the frequency in which he says the things, but even if that's the case, he hasn't been doing it as much.

The post was also reported, which ends up being an email sent to all higher-ups. If the post is bad enough where someone takes the time to report it and when I check my email hours later the picture is still there, then yes it warrants a ban.

The post would not have been reported if it wasn't Dracula. If it was anyone else, it would have slid or at least a polite verbal warning would have been given.

According to the poll so far, many people don't think it was bad. It seems to be a minority that views the image as bad, and even if it was deemed to be offensive, the person has the right to remove the image (as was done) if it isn't anything too extreme, such as racism.

EDIT:

:edit:

Let me put it in a different perspective...

If someone gets banned for racism for 1 week, then they come back to the servers after the week is up and use racism again, but using lighter words, it's still racism and that person will get banned.

Now what you're saying is, basically that person shouldn't get banned because the racism he used wasn't as bad as the one before?

Do you see where I'm coming from now?

His actions were not as serious as racism. His actions are similar to the actions of many members in the forum, not to the extreme as is racism.

Edited by Italian Jew

• Content Count:  2433

I'm gonna have to agree with Raven here, everytime I saw one of Drac's posts it seemed to be a flaming one. Even when he edited the picture, he still had to let us all know we were beneath him:

Edited for sensitive fags.

And then just other flame threads i.e. http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?p=244482#post244482

See I was going to come help you with the retards already posting in this thread untill I saw how crappy the site was.

The point wasn't that the picture was the worst thing in the world, its that Drac was walking on a tight rope and he pushed it too far. If someone really wanted to stay here, they would have played it safe

Edited by GrayFox

Reply to Thread