38 members have voted

1. 1. What is wrong with this image?

• A. The message
    • B. The gore
    • C. The fact that Dracula posted it
    • D. There is nothing wrong with this image

What is wrong with this image?

• Content Count:  4473

I'm gonna have to agree with Raven here, everytime I saw one of Drac's posts it seemed to be a flaming one. Even when he edited the picture, he still had to let us all know we were beneath him:

And then just other flame threads i.e. http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?p=244482#post244482

He was harassed to a certain extent by certain members. His buttons were being pushed by one person or many, so encouraging him to fight back to get him banned is justifiable?

I've called people retards on the internet. Everyone has. Nobody can call anyone any names on the forum anymore if that is how you are going to label a complete flame going on.

• Content Count:  2488

He edited his post at 11:07 PM. His last post was at 11:39 pm on another thread. His last post in that thread was at 11:36 PM. Do bans take half an hour to roll through the forum?

I guess when you check the reported post it saves a picture of the reported post and sends the link to your email instead of actually linking you to the most recent time.

His posts were milder than usual. He was showing more restraint than usual and you cannot expect him to completely shun off from what he does when other people say the same things and nothing happens. It may be the frequency in which he says the things, but even if that's the case, he hasn't been doing it as much.

I can agree with this, you do have a point here.

The post would not have been reported if it wasn't Dracula. If it was anyone else, it would have slid or at least a polite verbal warning would have been given.

According to the poll so far, many people don't think it was bad. It seems to be a minority that views the image as bad, and even if it was deemed to be offensive, the person has the right to remove the image (as was done) if it isn't anything too extreme, such as racism.

Agreed.

I honestly think the ban needs to stay because he has been given his chances. IF this was a 1st time offense or even 2nd/3rd I would understand, but it's an everyday occurrence with him Italian.

• Content Count:  549

I don't really know this Dracula person, but did he get banned? I see nothin' wrong with this image but anyway I'm not tryin' to protect him or anything, I haven't even been a friend with this Dracula guy but I'm really curious of what reason he got banned for?

I honestly think the ban needs to stay because he has been given his chances. IF this was a 1st time offense or even 2nd/3rd I would understand, but it's an everyday occurrence with him Italian.

He recognized that if too many people complained about something he did, he would back off. They only did that with the image and he removed it.

The rest of the stuff he posts goes on even without him. Wouldn't he think he is allowed to jest on the forums when others do so? Nobody talked to him about his posts after you had your word with him, so how would he know his posts were not acceptable when others were? If nobody was complaining, were there any problems?

I can guarantee he doesn't throw in a word or two to simply insult someone. He is trying to be funny and joke around like everyone else here. His words are not that bad nor are they to be taken too seriously, much like most other things on the internet. It is just unthinkable to expect someone to behave in such a way that is much more strict than your average member, especially when you have a good section of the community out to "get him" in a way.

He exploded in a much tamer manner than normal when he was fixing the problem, proof that he is working on it. Do you expect him to not do anything when you have others sending him belligerent messages or constantly griefing? He can't reclaim himself if the community isn't willing to accept him in the first. He needs a fairer (more fair?) chance than what he got.

Expecting perfect behavior from anyone in that situation is just going to end up in them getting banned again. Hell, perfect behavior isn't even found on these forums, so why place upon him the burden of acting above what an Admin/AO/BD should?

At the very least, give him a probational period where isn't truly permanently banned. If he acts respectable enough for weeks to months, then he should get that chance to show that even through this, he is good enough to return. If he rages on the servers and tries to "hack you all to hell" as all the real troublemakers do, then that will be the end of it.

Edited by Italian Jew

• Content Count:  2488

I don't really know this Dracula person, but did he get banned? I see nothin' wrong with this image but anyway I'm not tryin' to protect him or anything, I haven't even been a friend with this Dracula guy but I'm really curious of what reason he got banned for?

:doh:

He recognized that if too many people complained about something he did, he would back off. They only did that with the image and he removed it.

The rest of the stuff he posts goes on even without him. Wouldn't he think he is allowed to jest on the forums when others do so? Nobody talked to him about his posts after you had your word with him, so how would he know his posts were not acceptable when others were? If nobody was complaining, were there any problems?

I can guarantee he doesn't throw in a word or two to simply insult someone. He is trying to be funny and joke around like everyone else here. His words are not that bad nor are they to be taken too seriously, much like most other things on the internet. It is just unthinkable to expect someone to behave in such a way that is much more strict than your average member, especially when you have a good section of the community out to "get him" in a way.

He exploded in a much tamer manner than normal when he was fixing the problem, proof that he is working on it. Do you expect him to not do anything when you have others sending him belligerent messages or constantly griefing? He can't reclaim himself if the community isn't willing to accept him in the first. He needs a fairer (more fair?) chance than what he got.

Expecting perfect behavior from anyone in that situation is just going to end up in them getting banned again. Hell, perfect behavior isn't even found on these forums, so why place upon him the burden of acting above what an Admin/AO/BD should?

I don't, nor do I expect him or anyone else to have behavior above what an admin should. I expected him to come back to the forums and make reasonable decisions. There's times when I've made the wrong decisions myself and posted flame material, but I'm always the first to man up and admit my wrongdoings the moment I realize what I've done.

YES, he deleted the picture and that was definitely the right thing to do in his case. I know that he understood he was wrong in the sense that he realized the picture was not needed and removed it, so that would make sense in the fact the was on the road to changing his ways.

I'll tell you what, I'll PM Dracula today on steam when he gets on later and I'll discuss the situation with him. After I talk with him I'll make my decision (which will not be influenced by anyone or anything except on Dracula's conversation with me) on him getting unbanned.

• Like 7

I'll tell you what, I'll PM Dracula today on steam when he gets on later and I'll discuss the situation with him. After I talk with him I'll make my decision (which will not be influenced by anyone or anything except on Dracula's conversation with me) on him getting unbanned.

Thanks; that is probably the best thing to do in this situation.

• Content Count:  4263

He won't last a month without getting banned again. This isn't just only three official warnings, there have been numerous times AOs and others have had to tell him to back off.

I like the guy, but i wasn't suprised at all to see he managed to get banned again.

• Content Count:  3440

I have to agree with Jaffa on this one.. I like Drac and he's fun to play with.

That being said a vast majority of his posts are inflamatory. He's either flaming someone or baiting them to start flame wars. I hope that he pulls it together and is able to get back on the forums.. I just don't see it lasting.

• Content Count:  6741

Weird thing is, I remember Dracula like a year back and he was a really nice and cool guy, I use to play DoD:S with him a few times while he showed me the ropes. I don't know what puts him in such a pissy mood these days?

Bottom line, most of us are sick of babysitting and dealing with the deletion and editing of posts.

• Content Count:  1824

Sorry for butting in, but Why bring him back if he's been warned so many times? 3 strike rule applies to the Forums as well. If he's just going to continue to troll the forums or start flame wars just don't let him back in. I've seen him do this multiple times and I've experienced first hand. Why bring back someone that was such a douche to the whole community? I think its bullshit if he is unbanned, he's been warned enough and the ban should stand where it is.

Reply to Thread