? servers

? players online

college

• Content Count:  136

what college did you attend or want to attend and what major did you get or would like to get?

i graduated from Mars Hill College small private school in NC wish i went elsewhere lol but i did get a management degree

• Content Count:  2903

Leaving in a week for Miami University in Ohio. Will be majoring in Computer Science, and participating in Air Force ROTC.

Jewp, keep your fucking mouth shut. :laugh:

-Modgers

• Content Count:  2661

Leaving in a week for Miami University in Ohio. Will be majoring in Computer Science, and participating in Air Force ROTC.

Jewp, keep your fucking mouth shut. :laugh:

-Modgers

Only thing worse than a cadet is an airforce cadork

• Content Count:  3391

BS and MS in Computer Science from 2 universities in Florida. Here's the deal, and no high school or college adviser will tell you this, you need to know damn well what you want to do when you go to college. None of this, 'I'll figure it out in a year or two after I do my basic requirements.' You need to know what you want to do as a career and find out what you need to take to get into that field. I'd also contact companies that you would like to work for and find out what they require.

School is not going to teach you everything you need to know. You will be better off spending the majority of your spare time working on personal projects in the related field. Employers want experience and not fresh fish. Also, be prepared to wait 6-12 months, if not more, before you find a job in your related field after you graduate.

Oh, and don't get a degree in Liberal Arts (history, English, etc) unless you want to teach it. It's a useless field to get a degree in unless you plan on being a PhD and teaching. If you do plan on getting a degree in the Arts, then get a second major, or a minor, in another field.

The best thing you can do right now is find out what you want to do and contact employers what they require and if they have any advice. If you know people that work in the area that you want to go into then talk to them. College is becoming more and more useless as the years pass because schools just want to get you in, charge you, and get you out to make their status look good.

Lastly, avoid community college unless you absolutely cannot afford to go to a university. Nothing against people that go to CC, but there is a huge educational difference and employers do look at the schools you've attended. If the field you want to go into is challenging and competitive, then CC will only hold you back when you go to the university.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  581

what college did you attend or want to attend and what major did you get or would like to get?

i graduated from Mars Hill College small private school in NC wish i went elsewhere lol but i did get a management degree

Oh In North Carolina I Wanna Go To UNC (Univerisity Of North Carolina) I Pray I Get Scholarship

• Content Count:  352

attending first year of general medicine at "University for Development" (universidad del desarrollo in spanish, its a weird name and i suppose that's the better translation for it :>) and expect getting a specialty in Radiology-Nuclear medicine or Pediatrics at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile (altough i have plenty of time to decide which specialty choose)

Edited by Hello Kitty :D!

Reply to Thread