? servers

? players online

Cheap gaming computer?

• Content Count:  44

I've gotten really tired of my piece of crap computer freezing whenever i log into a server, freeze randomly(very annoying in zombie escape), and just plain suck.

I'm sick of running all my games at the lowest settings.

I've looked around, and I couldn't really find a website that sells gaming computers besides "Alien Ware", but they are too expensive for me.

Whats a good website to buy good gaming computer that can run games smoothly?

Preferably under $800.

I was thinking about this computer. Can anyone tell me if it will be able to run games like L4D, and TF2 on high settings?

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Infinity_8000_Dream/

Edited by N3wbie

• Content Count:  1465

when ur computer randomly freezes its ur internet not ur computer, to tell the difference between the internet problem and the computer problem put this in console:

cl_showfps 2

every time it freezes look at the top left to see ur fps if ur fps is slow its ur computer if its normal its ur internet connection

hope this helps it happens to me too, gets annoying

• Content Count:  1000

No, it's his computer. If it was internet, it wouldn't freeze up. It would lagg, stutter, jutter, etc.

I'm helping my friend built a computer and his budget is also 800 dollars. What I am doing for him is buying him a prebuilt and throwing in an epic graphics card. So I can get a system for like 600 dollars, then throw in a GTX 260. The 600 dollar system will have a minimum of a E8400, 4GB of RAM, and 250GB hard drive.

• Content Count:  1662

No, it's his computer. If it was internet, it wouldn't freeze up. It would lagg, stutter, jutter, etc.

I'm helping my friend built a computer and his budget is also 800 dollars. What I am doing for him is buying him a prebuilt and throwing in an epic graphics card. So I can get a system for like 600 dollars, then throw in a GTX 260. The 600 dollar system will have a minimum of a E8400, 4GB of RAM, and 250GB hard drive.

WOM - Waste Of Money.

Sorry, this computer sucks. As Shadowex3 pointed out, 12GB of RAM is useless. Knowing that 12GB of RAM is useless, they throw in 12GB of DDR2 with a i7. Which is like throwing 12 prop engines onto a Concorde.

Buying prebuilts will always come with the cheapest crap ever. As Shadowex3 said again, the power supply is probably a no name crap. Also, the graphics card WILL be stock clocks, which will hinder your gaming experience.

wtf man.

one side or the other

Edited by tinkerbell

wtf man.

one side or the other

First, I never said I won't buy them. It comes with the cheapest crap ever, but does that stop me from buying them? Nope.

Second, the computer is not for me. I can care less/more about what is in another person's computer. As long as the person receiving the computer thinks it is a fast and good computer, I am good. My friend knows jack about computers, so as long as the computer is cheap and he can run all high on CS:S he is fine, since he is upgrading from a 1.3GHz Pentium with 1.5GB RAM.

So there you have it. I don't take either sides. I never said I won't buy prebuilts because they come with cheap crap. I just listed out that they come with cheap crap. Nowhere in either of my post mentioned that "I will never buy a prebuilt". Try again?

Edited by Akaru

• Content Count:  1662

First, I never said I won't buy them. It comes with the cheapest crap ever, but does that stop me from buying them? Nope.

Second, the computer is not for me. I can care less/more about what is in another person's computer. As long as the person receiving the computer thinks it is a fast and good computer, I am good. My friend knows jack about computers, so as long as the computer is cheap and he can run all high on CS:S he is fine, since he is upgrading from a 1.3GHz Pentium with 1.5GB RAM.

So there you have it. I don't take either sides. I never said I won't buy prebuilts because they come with cheap crap. I just listed out that they come with cheap crap. Nowhere in either of my post mentioned that "I will never buy a prebuilt". Try again?

if he is a propper friend you will not buy him the cheapest shit ever, as you probably already know the cheap shit breaks down after 6 months.....

dude learn your facts im too drunk to give a shit. and stop giving your self double standards. i would give you some credit if you know anything about computer hardware but you dont

if he is a propper friend you will not buy him the cheapest shit ever, as you probably already know the cheap shit breaks down after 6 months.....

dude learn your facts im too drunk to give a shit. and stop giving your self double standards. i would give you some credit if you know anything about computer hardware but you dont

Haha. You're so great. You know more about computers than me. I can give less of a shit. I can do the same thing you can, build my own computer and that's all I care about.

And yes he is a friend and yes I am buying a prebuilt for him. Why? His parents don't believe that I can successfully build a computer because I am a kid in their eyes. I am only 16. They would rather go to a licensed professional rather than me. The fact that I am helping him is unbelievable.

My computer is a prebuilt with a new case and graphics card and it has yet to break down, except for the stupid DVD drive.

Edited by Akaru

Reply to Thread