? players online

A good PC?

• Content Count:  537

PC Stats:

2.66 GHz Intel Core i7-920 Quad Core

12 GB DDR3 RAM

1 TB SATA harddisk

1024/2431 MB GeForce GTX 285 graphics card

This will be my choice. Hopefully I'll buy it tomorrow.

Should be good enough for Modern Warfare 2

• Content Count:  1000

No gamer needs 12GB. Like you can run 5 games simultaneously and still not need 12GB, I think. The most memory a game has taken for me is like 500MB-1GB. Look for a computer with the same specs with 6GB, as Shadowex3 said. This will save a lot of unnecessary spending.

No gamer needs 12GB. Like you can run 5 games simultaneously and still not need 12GB, I think. The most memory a game has taken for me is like 500MB-1GB. Look for a computer with the same specs with 6GB, as Shadowex3 said. This will save a lot of unnecessary spending.

Noted. Will still buy it since I'm stubborn and making a shitload of money.

• Content Count:  2959

6gb in 2gb sticks gives you 3x2gb, and nehalem uses triple channel DDR3. That's one 2gb stick for each channel, the sweetspot. Sure you can up it to 3x4gb for 12gb of ram total but honestly if you're being stubborn and rich why are you not also buying wicked awesome surroundsound (zx5500) or headphones (hd595) and a top end x-fi rather than ram youll never use? Spend the extra on something made of win.

6gb in 2gb sticks gives you 3x2gb, and nehalem uses triple channel DDR3. That's one 2gb stick for each channel, the sweetspot. Sure you can up it to 3x4gb for 12gb of ram total but honestly if you're being stubborn and rich why are you not also buying wicked awesome surroundsound (zx5500) or headphones (hd595) and a top end x-fi rather than ram youll never use? Spend the extra on something made of win.

Sound

• Content Count:  1000

Ahhh. You should have mentioned this (at least I think you didn't). In this case, yea, get that last computer you listed. It's the best one out of all of them. :biggrin:

If I was made of money like you, I would get a i7 975 Extreme Edition. Why would you settle for a i7 920? And as Shadowex3 said, I would get surround sound and a 50 inch LED just to play my games on. Then grab some wireless gaming keyboard and mouse, Killer NIC, and a GTX 295 in Quad. xD!

Play in my living room with 0 lagg.

Edited by Akaru

Reply to Thread