? servers

? players online

Best Songs of 2007 and of 2008?

• Content Count:  1938

All bow down to The Justified Ancients of Mumu, The Jams, The Timelords, THE KLF !!!

nrvNzH9aaUE&e

Q6YlBAs0Lfo&e

2_GjZ7i4A6M&e

Edited by Kennith
Mistake

• Content Count:  1938

Ok for real then. I don't think that there were that many great songs last year. I usually prefer music from the late 80's and 90's anyways, but there were a few songs in 2007 that I did like.

T.I.'s Big Things Poppin'

cksewjmh8hM

Timbaland's The Way I Are

iWg3IMN_rhU

• Content Count:  1230

I'll have to really disagree and say that today's music isn't entirely shit. There is still some really good stuff out there in all genres.

I think people misinterpret the screaming. I like to separate it as screaming and yelling. Screaming I'm 100% okay with, it can actually add some life to a song. Yelling I'm entirely against. Yelling would be some of the things you guys complain about, and absolutely make no sense in song.

Emo is way overrated in my opinion. For some reason someone decided to coin the term and associate a group of people with it, and now an entire group of people try to imitate it giving a bad name to the music. Anyway, the truth is music in all genres has always been "emo". The best music in the history of man involved emotion. As far as the term "emo" I've only found a handfull of albums that I can really classify into the category known today as "emo". It's not really fair to label something as emo, just because that's what today's "emo scene" listens to.

With that being said, emo isn't the only thing played on the radio. IMO the most popular music in today's society and younger generation is pop and hip-hop. Beyonce, Fergie & The Black Eyed Peas, Chris Brown, Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake and others top the charts. Not the emo and rock that is claimed on the forums. Even musicals have made a come back. Hannah Montana (not really a musical, but close enough) and High School Musical tickets are harder to get than ..:insert rock band here:..

Reply to Thread