? servers

? players online

help please!

• Content Count:  398

thanks for the help/ ideas guys and thanks for the offer SUPER NUBLET, but believe it or not, my bigger step brother builds custom computers and he told me he would build one with me to replace this old thing

but i have a question, is there anyway to transfer all of my data from the whole steam account and my email? i would hate to lose all my friends and have to make a new e-mail again !:realmad:

• Content Count:  602

uhh your steam account crap should transfer if you install steam on a new computer, since most of your stuff is stored on steam servers and not on the computer itself. Problem is, Valve has a really sketchy system so its always risky to switch over.

• Content Count:  135

all your data is associated with your steam account. you can install steam on new computer and login with your current name/pass. you will however have to re-download all your games in your account and lose your custom content (maps, models, etc). What you can do alternatively is copy your whole Steam folder from old computer to new computer, delete the clientregistry.blob file, and then start Steam. Log in and you be fine. (Or install Steam and copy just the /steamapps/ folder).

Edited by mew

Reply to Thread