? servers

? players online

question?

• Content Count:  58

So you voteban some random player to check and see if an admin is online? If theyre online and theyre in secret, then let them be in secret. were you breaking rules and didn't want to get banned, or what was so important?

• Content Count:  489

So you voteban some random player to check and see if an admin is online? If theyre online and theyre in secret, then let them be in secret. were you breaking rules and didn't want to get banned, or what was so important?

Emma got a good point? Why do you need to know if admin is on?

• Content Count:  166

How is that a good point? The point is I want to know when an admin is on.

End of Story . I am not commenting on this anymore because it's useless. This thread is useless. And i apologized to taylor. I am so sorry TAylor.

It's not like anyone else votebanned him. Why should anyone be worried that they're votebanned if there is no reason for them to be.

I don't even see why its a topic worth bringing up here. If he has a problem with it , message me . i would've explained it .

Sheesh.

• Content Count:  1615

Personally its nice to know if i am secretly being watched, I do ma_admins every time I come into the server and see who's on now that our clients show our names.

Why do you care? Why is the admin even in secret? Unless they are demoing a hacker I see no reason for admins to be in secret.

Personally its nice to know if i am secretly being watched, I do ma_admins every time I come into the server and see who's on now that our clients show our names.

Why do you care? Why is the admin even in secret? Unless they are demoing a hacker I see no reason for admins to be in secret.

The only time i do ma_admins, is if i want to put put a vote asking people if they want a map change. And i only do it out of respect toward other admin. If i see someone else is on, i'll just message him/her asking if they mind a vote qustion.

If you are trying to find out if admins is on, that means you want to do someting that you shouldn't. I don't care if i'm being watched by "higher ups" i got nothing to hide in my player/admin behavior. Plus it doesn't really matter if there is someone secretly on, because any player can record a demo of you.

But if you are not an admin, you don't need to know if admins are on. You dont need to voteban someone, using them as a lab rat for your cause. You want to know if admin is on? Simply message your concern in admin chat, and if they are there, they'll look into it.

And the reason for admin to be in server undercover, is because, when players see admin enter server, they change their playing behavior, stop spamming, blocking, etc.

So unless player intends to break the rules, they don't need to know if admin is on.

The only time i do ma_admins, is if i want to put put a vote asking people if they want a map change. And i only do it out of respect toward other admin. If i see someone else is on, i'll just message him/her asking if they mind a vote qustion.

If you are trying to find out if admins is on, that means you want to do someting that you shouldn't. I don't care if i'm being watched by "higher ups" i got nothing to hide in my player/admin behavior. Plus it doesn't really matter if there is someone secretly on, because any player can record a demo of you.

But if you are not an admin, you don't need to know if admins are on. You dont need to voteban someone, using them as a lab rat for your cause. You want to know if admin is on? Simply message your concern in admin chat, and if they are there, they'll look into it.

And the reason for admin to be in server undercover, is because, when players see admin enter server, they change their playing behavior, stop spamming, blocking, etc.

So unless player intends to break the rules, they don't need to know if admin is on.

I thought we were admins not gestapo

and again proactive vs. reactive the point is to have players in the servers

Edited by broncoty

I thought we were admins not gestapo

and again proactive vs. reactive the point is to have players in the servers

Gestapo.?.?.? Interesting logic, but whatever.

The point is to have players in the server - YES

Players who are nice when admin is on, and as soon as he leaves start breaking rules - DON'T THINK SO. (i'm not accusing anyone of anything btw).

So my "simple" question still stands, if Microshock doesn't need to complain about a player, why does he need to know if admin is in the server watching people? Its a simple question, so far all i got is, "if an admin is on, i want to know". WHY? Why do you care if he's on or not?

I never even did the ma_admins, untill someone confronted me about it, and told me next time i want to put a map vote, check if other admins are in the server, and if they are ok with it.

Gestapo.?.?.? Interesting logic, but whatever.

The point is to have players in the server - YES

Players who are nice when admin is on, and as soon as he leaves start breaking rules - DON'T THINK SO. (i'm not accusing anyone of anything btw).

So my "simple" question still stands, if Microshock doesn't need to complain about a player, why does he need to know if admin is in the server watching people? Its a simple question, so far all i got is, "if an admin is on, i want to know". WHY? Why do you care if he's on or not?

I never even did the ma_admins, untill someone confronted me about it, and told me next time i want to put a map vote, check if other admins are in the server, and if they are ok with it.

Yes it is interesting logic, ever heard of innocent until proven guilty, to me if an admin has to come in under an alias then automatically someone obviously guilty or they would not have to be "secret" would they?

The same reason players should be able to know an admin is on is the same reason there is a rule saying admins have to warn/kick/ban. It is to protect the players.

THE reason microshock should know if an admin is on is to protect himself.

Are there situations where straight to ban could be pertinent even if it did not involve racism or hacking? yes I believe so, but it has proven that in order to protect the players that warn/kick/ban is needed.

But the reason there are rules is that some people cannot handle power without restriction.

So you say that being secret is nothing like being secret police?

How so?

Edited by broncoty

• Content Count:  135

You didn't actaully have to choose 1 if Taylor was first on the list. You could've just hit 0 and exited the menu or just use the @ msg as Veggie said. What bugs me is you can't explain why you want to check if an admin's on the server without malicious intent. It's like you're a drug dealer but you sweep all your buyers for bugs before the transaction. You can PM them through steamfriends or on vent. I PM'd Riggs all the time if I needed help before he got kidnapped by aliens.

Reply to Thread