? servers

? players online

A wireless router question....

• Content Count:  31

If you want you can buy better antenna's for your router, that might give you a slight increase in signal. If you want an actual repeater, you can buy another router and install custom firmware on it (DD-WRT (google it)). After this you can set it up as a signal repeater, the new router will take the signal from your wireless router and amplify it. I haven't done this but you can search google for tutorials and a cheap router.

• Content Count:  1755

If you want you can buy better antenna's for your router, that might give you a slight increase in signal. If you want an actual repeater, you can buy another router and install custom firmware on it (DD-WRT (google it)). After this you can set it up as a signal repeater, the new router will take the signal from your wireless router and amplify it. I haven't done this but you can search google for tutorials and a cheap router.

Yeah I was looking at that, I was thinking of just going to radio shack and gitting this pretty good USB wireless thing. Its omi-directional or something so I can just point it in the direction of the routers and boom I got access to internets and I can play CSS again and Eve..........and BF2, BF2142, AVP2, CSS 1.6 yep -.-

• Content Count:  6559

I can't say if it's better than the qwest one, but it's definitely worth the money. Especially for me because I have roommates, and this throttle down non-gaming packets. So even if everyone else is downloading etc my game play is hardly affected, other than slightly higher ping.

Our old normal linksys router would go apeshit if someone was downloading and I tried to game, my ping would go into high triple digits and I'd freeze, even ventrilo would lag.

• Content Count:  31

Why spend $139.99 on a router if you can just buy router for $20 and make an extender :p, by the way, you can also limit the bandwidth going to each computer via the Quality of Service options in your router, thats what I do when I use wireless (I have qwest also, use the GT701-WG with a WRT54G (which has dd-wrt installed))

Why spend $139.99 on a router if you can just buy router for $20 and make an extender :p, by the way, you can also limit the bandwidth going to each computer via the Quality of Service options in your router, thats what I do when I use wireless (I have qwest also, use the GT701-WG with a WRT54G (which has dd-wrt installed))

He speaks the truth :v_SPIN:

so does that mean you're not gonna rape your neighbor's connection?

No I will still rape people's connection but I think Ima just go to Radio Shack and git this signal booster for $40 bucks. lol But just looking at shit on the internet about this. There are some crazy people out that that connect satilette dishes to there computer and can git access to anyone's computer in there town lol Kinda opens your eyes to the meaning of hackers and wardriving.

Reply to Thread