? servers

? players online

Forum Ideas?

• Content Count:  602

Okay, I do want something for new users. Okay, so like, my first time on the forums I had no idea there were different servers or that it was a community and whatnot. So like, on the first page, ya know when people type in steam-gamers.net , i would have liked for example, a flashing link thing or something that stood out that said "NEW USERS". Then have that take them to a page that is not just a thread. There you can explain like, what servers there are, who the admins are, the more important parts of the forum like complaints and suggestions, the rules, a link to join, and all that. I think it would be less intimidating to new users than the current format. Also whenever ONi finishes that ZM survival guide, we could link it in so that noobs can learn everything.

• Content Count:  2009

Okay, I do want something for new users. Okay, so like, my first time on the forums I had no idea there were different servers or that it was a community and whatnot. So like, on the first page, ya know when people type in steam-gamers.net , i would have liked for example, a flashing link thing or something that stood out that said "NEW USERS". Then have that take them to a page that is not just a thread. There you can explain like, what servers there are, who the admins are, the more important parts of the forum like complaints and suggestions, the rules, a link to join, and all that. I think it would be less intimidating to new users than the current format. Also whenever ONi finishes that ZM survival guide, we could link it in so that noobs can learn everything.

I like the idea, theres something simliar, I can setup a private message to be sent to new members with all the relevant info. I can also make a section dedicated to new users but it wont flash.

• Content Count:  18

I think it is possible to have it so that if its your first time to the site, you can see something different. You could put up a page with a couple main-focus links, "NEW USERS" "REPORT AN ADMIN" "POST A COMPLAINT" "REPORT A PLAYER" etc. that directs them to the correct section.

as for graphical stuff, how about a "Caption this picture" contest?

• Content Count:  602

I like the idea, theres something simliar, I can setup a private message to be sent to new members with all the relevant info. I can also make a section dedicated to new users but it wont flash.

sounds good to me...

Reply to Thread