? servers

? players online

more slots?

• Content Count:  1300

We neither have the time nor the server space to devote to a second PB. Adding slots to a server is less resource consuming to the dedi to a certain limit, and halving the admins who actually play PB to spread them across 2 servers is not going to be helpful either. if you think general stupidity and asshat behavior is bad now... then you certainly missed the cluster fest of annoyance that multiple servers was.

As I said I am looking into it, its likely a bump to a few more slots is a safer bet for now as we gauge what that means overall to maintenance, workloads, lag issues, etc. but I make no promises that I will bump the slots, or that the server will stay with higherslots if it is something implemented. PB minigames, trikz, defuse, and surf all share the same server. and I guarantee if /when defuse is revived / slated to be populated or evented like we are doing with the tf2 server, lag from PB is not going to help.

• Content Count:  11723

We did have 2 pb and they both did well.

But i think it was a normal pb and a top 10 server.

I lived for a long time.

but in the long run, both servers were half empty and half full.

• Content Count:  1300

I have added and adjusted a few extra slots for the PB server bringing the total count to 30. the same balance of ct's versus t's exists, If there are issues ie lag, objects, glitches etc let me know. this is a temporary test to see how the servers handle the extra work. probably last over the weekend.

• Content Count:  3299

I have added and adjusted a few extra slots for the PB server bringing the total count to 30. the same balance of ct's versus t's exists, If there are issues ie lag, objects, glitches etc let me know. this is a temporary test to see how the servers handle the extra work. probably last over the weekend.
Hopefully doesnt cause the others servers any issues.

• Content Count:  881

We neither have the time nor the server space to devote to a second PB. Adding slots to a server is less resource consuming to the dedi to a certain limit, and halving the admins who actually play PB to spread them across 2 servers is not going to be helpful either. if you think general stupidity and asshat behavior is bad now... then you certainly missed the cluster fest of annoyance that multiple servers was.

As I said I am looking into it, its likely a bump to a few more slots is a safer bet for now as we gauge what that means overall to maintenance, workloads, lag issues, etc. but I make no promises that I will bump the slots, or that the server will stay with higherslots if it is something implemented. PB minigames, trikz, defuse, and surf all share the same server. and I guarantee if /when defuse is revived / slated to be populated or evented like we are doing with the tf2 server, lag from PB is not going to help.

I was here for the multiple servers and it was watched with less admins than we have now on PB usually we have 5 or 6 im sure 2 or 3 could handle each server. But its moot not either way

• Content Count:  1484

Bumping this.

Could the server be restored to its original 24 slots?

30 slots affected PB in the negative way.

24 players is the most balanced.

Also quite a few maps can't deal with 30 players, so we get players forced to spectate all the time aswell.

• Content Count:  763

Could the server be restored to its original 24 slots?

² that

there are way to many ct's now ... they can actually watch every escape route ... while before there mostly was atleast 1 escaperoute that wasn't covered ...

+ if u go ct u have to fight over the awps :huh:

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.