? servers

? players online

Building a Company, need help.

• Content Count:  2115

Our buddy Allan here offers a web-hosting/webpage-design company, get in touch with him for the website, he might even give you a community discount :p

Anyways, I would love to help.

• Content Count:  8756

That means you'll have to get in contact with many designers. So you're going to want to make vids sort of like Machinima?

Yeah, that's one of our plans. I'm drawing up a business model right now. Anyone who's interested in seeing it and expanding it can contact me via PM.

Our buddy Allan here offers a web-hosting/webpage-design company, get in touch with him for the website, he might even give you a community discount :p

Anyways, I would love to help.

I have been in touch with him, but unfortunately his prices are a bit too high. I calculated that designing the site would be over 500 dollars.

As for the site layout, I have a friend who professionally designs websites for big companies. He's made over 6 grand on it, and he usually charges $55/hour professionally. Although for my he'll only charge less than a fifth of that price.

• Content Count:  2390

Hey, I'm starting up a company that is based on Game Releases, Reviews, Tips and Tricks, etc. Sort of like Game Spot. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with building business models, entrepreneurship, marketing, the like.

Is anyone able to help?

Serious posts only, non-serious will be reported.

TBH do you know what you're talking about?

All of the things you are listing you need help for involves selling things and general business practices ; but everything you said has nothing to do with that.

You are making a website that provides information, unless there is more to it than you are saying, you have no need for anything business wise. Unless you expect people to pay for this information, its not a company idea.

If you want help you need to provide more details and actually make it seem like you know what you're talking about.

• Like 1

TBH do you know what you're talking about?

All of the things you are listing you need help for involves selling things and general business practices ; but everything you said has nothing to do with that.

You are making a website that provides information, unless there is more to it than you are saying, you have no need for anything business wise. Unless you expect people to pay for this information, its not a company idea.

If you want help you need to provide more details and actually make it seem like you know what you're talking about.

You're right, I haven't explained it enough. Hopefully this will explain it a bit more. If not, I can elaborate.

Value Proposition: The problem for the customer is that they do not have a good resource for finding information on release dates for video games (on any applicable console/platform); this also may include reviews for games, to see what is a good buy, walkthroughs, if the player/customer is stuck, or tournaments and competitions to test their skills against other players. The website that will be created will address this problem, by providing up-to-date reviews on the latest, or in some cases older, video games; the site will also provide walkthroughs, strategy guides, information on release dates and upcoming games to look for, and other miscellaneous information that may be useful to the customer. This service provided by the site will prove to be very valuable to the customer, by providing the needs in which they (the customer) are looking for.

Market Segment: The targeted audience for the site is anyone who is interested in video games, wants to know more, or an avid customer who would like to start playing video games, but is looking where to get started. To make the group more specific, the age round would focus more around the ages of 12-20, but may stretch as far as 30. In some cases, which is not uncommon, there are large groups of players who are over the targeted age, or more uncommonly, under the targeted age; although this is the case, the site will still try to catch their interest, although they are not the prime audience that the site is looking for (If older people beyond the age range are interested, partnership or sponsorship opportunities may follow).

Position in Value Network: Competitors include Gamespot and IGN (Owned by News Corporation), GameRankings, Metacritic, GameZone, and other smaller websites. Complementors include the game distributors, including EA, Valve, 2K sports, Blizzard, Atari, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and many other game developing companies. Refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_companies for a semi-complete list. Other effects that can deliver more value to the customer can include partnership and sponsorship opportunities from the game developing companies themselves, through merchandising, advertisement, special privileges, etc. Other options may surface in the future.

Competitive Strategy: The site will feature better layouts and design in terms of the site itself, in order to make the customer more interested. In addition, the reviews themselves will be in-depth, descriptive, informative, and may include user-inputted data. The reviews are the key point in keeping the customer interested in the site. Also, the additional effects of the site (walkthroughs, cheats, tips and tricks, previews/releases) will be enhanced and descriptive, just as the reviews will be. In order to keep the customer included, customers can submit their own data to be inputted on the site; this in turn will increase traffic on the site, and overall happiness. Also, in order to keep reviews up to date, partnerships

• Content Count:  2390

You're right, I haven't explained it enough. Hopefully this will explain it a bit more. If not, I can elaborate.

Value Proposition: The problem for the customer is that they do not have a good resource for finding information on release dates for video games (on any applicable console/platform); this also may include reviews for games, to see what is a good buy, walkthroughs, if the player/customer is stuck, or tournaments and competitions to test their skills against other players. The website that will be created will address this problem, by providing up-to-date reviews on the latest, or in some cases older, video games; the site will also provide walkthroughs, strategy guides, information on release dates and upcoming games to look for, and other miscellaneous information that may be useful to the customer. This service provided by the site will prove to be very valuable to the customer, by providing the needs in which they (the customer) are looking for.

Market Segment: The targeted audience for the site is anyone who is interested in video games, wants to know more, or an avid customer who would like to start playing video games, but is looking where to get started. To make the group more specific, the age round would focus more around the ages of 12-20, but may stretch as far as 30. In some cases, which is not uncommon, there are large groups of players who are over the targeted age, or more uncommonly, under the targeted age; although this is the case, the site will still try to catch their interest, although they are not the prime audience that the site is looking for (If older people beyond the age range are interested, partnership or sponsorship opportunities may follow).

Position in Value Network: Competitors include Gamespot and IGN (Owned by News Corporation), GameRankings, Metacritic, GameZone, and other smaller websites. Complementors include the game distributors, including EA, Valve, 2K sports, Blizzard, Atari, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and many other game developing companies. Refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_companies for a semi-complete list. Other effects that can deliver more value to the customer can include partnership and sponsorship opportunities from the game developing companies themselves, through merchandising, advertisement, special privileges, etc. Other options may surface in the future.

Competitive Strategy: The site will feature better layouts and design in terms of the site itself, in order to make the customer more interested. In addition, the reviews themselves will be in-depth, descriptive, informative, and may include user-inputted data. The reviews are the key point in keeping the customer interested in the site. Also, the additional effects of the site (walkthroughs, cheats, tips and tricks, previews/releases) will be enhanced and descriptive, just as the reviews will be. In order to keep the customer included, customers can submit their own data to be inputted on the site; this in turn will increase traffic on the site, and overall happiness. Also, in order to keep reviews up to date, partnerships

You've explained the basis of the site but a few things you are still not elaborating on:

• What do you need people for? What will their roles specifically be?
  • If there are customers, what are you selling? Are you selling the information or are you just listing those who come to the site as customers?
  • Where do you plan on getting all of the info from? Will you need people who do the reviews and walkthroughs or do you already have people for that?
  • Will you be reviewing games for all systems, or specifically a few (Like maybe only the newest systems + pc)

Also was wondering about the age this will be aimed towards, the actually average age of a gamer is roughly 33 (Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9342), so you'll be aiming at more or less the minority of gamers. Did you do this purposely or did you just not know (big difference design wise when you are trying to appeal to the different age groups).

Reply to Thread