? servers

? players online

Does Spelling Matter?!?

• Content Count:  4550

Loving the amount of correct grammar in this thread. I often put u instead of you because its just a habit. (Notice no apostrophe?) If I have to type something proper or formal like a CV or essay then ofcourse using correct grammar is essential. On a forum its just quicker.

• Content Count:  3736

I know how to spell it..Im just to lazy to put parenthesis and the reason for that is probably because I wasnt taught how to type in school like most americans so I dont like to take the time to look for it...If you cant understand...YOU need to worry about your understanding skills...its the internet!

grammar.jpg

I can forgive people from spelling most words wrong, but the above chart is unforgivable. Everyday I am amazed when I see college aged 20-somethings who have no idea the difference between "your" and "you're".

also

"ALOT" IS NOT A WORD. IT IS 2 WORDS. YOU WOULD NOT SAY "ALITTLE"

And when in game forget it..I need to type something fast it will be abbreviated hardcore!

• Content Count:  2994

I guess it means something to some people on the forums, but don't worry about it in-game. I don't really care that much, it's just important I can understand it.

Though it does piss me off when people type "your disgusting" or "you're thing was not cool".

Meh.

• Content Count:  763

well as long as some words of the sentence are still normal it's ok for me

but when to start to use abbreviations for every word it's getting irritating ...

c u l8r d00d = irritating

c ya later dude = fine for me

(i like to read little & get to know much)

Reply to Thread