? servers

? players online

Does Spelling Matter?!?

• Content Count:  3697

I don't care if people spell things wrong, but if you don't care about punctuation or anything then eventually you will become that kid who you literally can't understand because they haven't used punctuation or spelled things right in so long.

hi ho ru m gd gd2cu2 m8.

• Content Count:  3391

I don't know about you guys, but some people really care about spelling shit correctly on the Internet all the time. Post whether you think you should spell correctly all the time or type the way you want. =)

If people don't use proper grammar, then it's really hard to take them seriously.

Internet or not, I think everyone should have some respect for the English language. I used to use bad grammar, putting lol in every 2 sentences and basically ignoring all the rules of English grammar. Now that I look back to it, it's really stupid.

I think people should at least use some basic types of correct grammar. I hate when people don't separate their sentences with periods, or use commas.

I'm not the the best with grammar, but I think people should try to at least put some effort into it.

I hate when people spell words terribly wrong.

It's fucking annoying to read posts with bad grammar, no punctuation, capital letters or with a shitload of abbreviations such as "r u srs". I mean, how hard can it be to type it correctly. English isn't even my mother tongue but I still manage to express my ideas properly(inb4 eldest's gibberish on vent :d). Like Hamster said, just put some effort in to it please, it doesn't have to be 100% correct, but it would be nice if you at least tried :).

It does not matter.

I try speak as proper as I can on the Internet, not so much on IM clients because it's not going to be stored on a public website (for all I know) so I want people to understand me.

I type with correct spelling and grammar on the forums, but when I talk to people on Steam I don't.

Loving the amount of correct grammar in this thread. I often put u instead of you because its just a habit. (Notice no apostrophe?) If I have to type something proper or formal like a CV or essay then of course using correct grammar is essential. On a forum its just quicker.

Spelling does not matter if you're Bubblez, although it does matter if it's someone else. But I do agree it's necessary, it just makes you look lazy, immature, and stupid.

I know how to spell it..I'm just too lazy to put parenthesis and the reason for that is probably because I wasn't taught how to type in school like most Americans so I don't like to take the time to look for it...If you can't understand...YOU need to worry about your understanding skills...it's the Internet!

And when in game, forget it..I need to type something fast it will be abbreviated hardcore!

I can spell good how about you guys?

Well as long as some words of the sentence are still normal it's OK for me

But when you start to use abbreviations for every word it's getting irritating ...

c u l8r d00d = irritating

c ya later dude = fine for me

(I like to read little & get to know much)

I would say leave the good grammar to the English classes or forums' date=' but when you game you need to type fast or you're dead.[/quote']

I have a vagina, I demand attention!

Well, i don't mind unless they spell it so it's really hard to understand. But it's not a major issue.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 4
Edited by GarfieldH

Reply to Thread