? servers

? players online

NFL Playopffs - Conference Championships

• Content Count:  8383

That 12-yard pass on 3rd and 14 was bullshit. It was obviously an incomplete pass, but cmon now, there has to be some hometown calls.

There were alot of bads calls on both teams, it happens but the Vikings dug their own grave with how many dumb turnovers they did. If they didnt make half of those turnovers they would probably have had a 2 score lead atleast by the end of the game. Not to mention that last INT farve threw in the final seconds of regular play when they were so close to scoring and winning.

• Content Count:  1752

um...no

Not enough visual evidence to overturn it as his hand looked like it was underneath the ball. There was no conclusive evidence to the contrary.

QQ

He didn't have control off the ball going down and the ball touched the ground. I thought that was enough to overturn it. Also, I don't care for the Saints or the Vikings so this is hardly "QQ" I just disagree with the ruling, but that doesn't matter does it?

I was mainly going for the Vikings because I think they would put up a better fight against the Colts. The Saints were outplayed on both sides of the field, imo. I felt that the Vikings gave it away with stupid turnovers and Brett's signature interception.

Again, all of this is in my opinion so I guess I'm "QQ'ing"

• Content Count:  4473

He didn't have control off the ball going down and the ball touched the ground. I thought that was enough to overturn it. Also, I don't care for the Saints or the Vikings so this is hardly "QQ" I just disagree with the ruling, but that doesn't matter does it?

Again, his hand was between the ball an the ground in the angles presented. There was no CONCLUSIVE footage that showed the ball in contact with the ground (the ball moved, but his hand was under it possibly preventing an incompletion). The original ruling was a completion, so unless you have some hidden footage that clearly shows that his hand was not preventing the ball from hitting the ground at precisely the right angle, you are just spouting nonsense that ignores the procedure of reviewing a play.

You also seem to be bringing up only one seemingly controversial call while ignoring others, but that doesn't matter, does it?

Edited by Italian Jew

• Content Count:  1752

Again, his hand was between the ball an the ground in the angles presented. There was no CONCLUSIVE footage that showed the ball in contact with the ground (the ball moved, but his hand was under it possibly preventing an incompletion). The original ruling was a completion, so unless you have some hidden footage that clearly shows that his hand was not preventing the ball from hitting the ground at precisely the right angle, you are just spouting nonsense that ignores the procedure of reviewing a play.

You also seem to be bringing up only one seemingly controversial call while ignoring others, but that doesn't matter, does it?

When I saw it, it looked like it was obvious that it hit the ground. If I saw it again I might think differently.

And no, it doesn't matter. Neither does the play that we are talking about because it's over and done.

Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  3440

As a Vikings fan I was very frustrated last night.

That aside the "Better Team" didn't win. The Vikings are the better team. They lost the game the Saints didn't win it. Multiple fumbles, and stupid turnovers are what lost the game. AP a guy who rarely drops the ball, does what.. that's right.. drops the ball. The hand-off that should have been a TD lost the game for them. Favre's interception lost the game for them. Examples of what.. Not the Saints winning the game, but the Vikings losing the game.

On another note...

I don't see why the media has been referring to the Saints as "America's Team"?

Because the gulf coast was hit by a natural disaster a few years back? WTF does that have to do with football? Every interaction I have had to date with a "True Saints fan" has been one where the lack of rational thought was missing. If you liked them before Katrina, great. If you liked them because they have been playing well, great. If you've jumped on the "they are America's Team" bandwagon, kindly go fuck yourself.

/rant

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4473

As a Vikings fan I was very frustrated last night.

That aside the "Better Team" didn't win. The Vikings are the better team. They lost the game the Saints didn't win it. Multiple fumbles, and stupid turnovers are what lost the game. AP a guy who rarely drops the ball, does what.. that's right.. drops the ball. The hand-off that should have been a TD lost the game for them. Favre's interception lost the game for them. Examples of what.. Not the Saints winning the game, but the Vikings losing the game.

On another note...

Because the gulf coast was hit by a natural disaster a few years back? WTF does that have to do with football? Every interaction I have had to date with a "True Saints fan" has been one where the lack of rational thought was missing. If you liked them before Katrina, great. If you liked them because they have been playing well, great. If you've jumped on the "they are America's Team" bandwagon, kindly go fuck yourself.

/rant

The Saints players caused the turnovers (short of Favre's interception and the screwed handoff). Peterson has been known to drop the ball more frequently than your average RB.

Also, it's not like the Saints didn't give the Vikings opportunities. They came up big when they needed to by causing the turnovers while the Vikings could have played up to their pedigree. If they were the "better" team as you say, then they wouldn't make stupid mistakes and let the Saints make the big plays.

The Saints have to score points to win the game. The Vikings tried everything they could to stop them and the simple fact is that they failed to stop the Saints from beating them. The Saints played exactly like they were supposed to, by eliminating stupid mistakes while causing the other team to make some ( or at least capitalizing on mistakes better than the other team).

A stable team that plays solid football and performs when it needs to is better than a seemingly dominant team that doesn't play at the same level through the entire game. Their mistakes helped to lose the game, but the Saints won the game by scoring when they needed to and not settling for anything other than the W.

I will agree with the America's team BS though. The Saints haven't done enough or have enough fans to earn that title.

Edited by Italian Jew

• Content Count:  8383

On another note...

/rant

Couldnt agree more with this statement.

Reply to Thread