? servers

? players online

Wth...

• Content Count:  8383

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19550 (only sup's and higher can view, so I post the text that matters here)

You can also start to use the supporter tag, that is up to you, you must wear the correct format of tag. The tag looks like this

«SG.Sup»

Personally it wasnt worth a ban, but it is a "If you wear it, wear it right" kind of thing. Ive seen admins warn members and regs to fix their tags just as much. If Kenny disrespected Obez when he asked him to change it then I can see why a ban would have came out of nowhere or if kenny just blew it off.

However I wasnt there, so I cant make such assumptions.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6466

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19550 (only sup's and higher can view, so I post the text that matters here)

Personally it wasnt worth a ban, but it is a "If you wear it, wear it right" kind of thing. Ive seen admins warn members and regs to fix their tags just as much. If Kenny disrespected Obez when he asked him to change it then I can see why a ban would have came out of nowhere or if kenny just blew it off.

However I wasnt there, so I cant make such assumptions.

Amount of people who cared about > being correct back in the day:

I, for one, refuse to enforce stupid rules. Thank god we are allowed to ignore rule breaking if we so choose.

Edit:

I'm curious, since the post doesn't specifically dignify, should we start banning players for not having correct spacing after the tag? Perhaps ban because the tag is at the end of their name? Or in the middle of it?

• Like 12
Edited by XeNo

• Content Count:  641

I, for one, refuse to enforce stupid rules. Thank god we are allowed to ignore rule breaking if we so choose.

Edit:

I'm curious, since the post doesn't specifically dignify, should we start banning players for not having correct spacing after the tag? Perhaps ban because the tag is at the end of their name? Or in the middle of it?

I agree. I don't really care about what it looks like, but Haggard, the President himself, said that the tag should be worn properly since it is representing SteamGamers.

Then again, XeNo does make the point that admins have the choice to ignore rule breaking. So it's not an issue unless you take it personally.

• Content Count:  8383

Edit:

If thats the case, then shouldnt all these correct tag threads be revamped or deleted? That way no one can say to anyone how to wear their member tags (besides admin tags of course). That way no one will ever make a big deal out of any non-admin's tags?

• Content Count:  4550

Technically speaking, all people wearing tags should be wearing the tags correctly. The ban in question here is only 5 minutes now anyway so it won't even count against him. Since like the majority of people I didn't view this myself it's fairly hard to pass judgment, but why create a stir when it's already dealt with?

• Like 1

Reply to Thread