? servers

? players online

Whats your OCD's

• Content Count:  6712

I dunno if I have OCD or not....probably not as serious.

Intrusive thoughts....I might try and get rid of those thoughts through different thoughts.....e.g sometimes I can't get something out of my head, so I do something like put up a brick wall in my mind to block it, or try and destroy it etc...or try and reason myself about of it....I usually get really freaked out about this stuff though, because you shouldn't really be arguing with your thoughts in your head......so I usually try and talk to other people to get over this properly.

I get a LOT of uncontrollable figits

It's gone away now (mostly) but for years I would blink A LOT.

Now it's more like...when I'm watching tv sometimes I keep turning on and off the programme listing at the bottom.

Also sometimes I keep clicking my left shoulder or my thumbs......and it becomes hard to not keep doing it.

Also sometimes on the computer I keep right clicking, cancelling the menu and doing it again.

I don't do any stuff like needing things equal though.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  528

i was on this survival camp in Normandy and if you have been there you would know that its sandy cold and very wet and i did not have enough socks so i had to wear dirty ones so now.I MUST have socks on. It drive's me crazy.

to sleep i need a blanket covering my body apart my head.

and when i go to the beach there must be no sand on my feet when i put my socks on i hate the feeling of sand

• Content Count:  3697

I dunno if I have OCD or not....probably not as serious.

Intrusive thoughts....I might try and get rid of those thoughts through different thoughts.....e.g sometimes I can't get something out of my head, so I do something like put up a brick wall in my mind to block it, or try and destroy it etc...or try and reason myself about of it....I usually get really freaked out about this stuff though, because you shouldn't really be arguing with your thoughts in your head......so I usually try and talk to other people to get over this properly.

This kind of reminds me of something that probably isn't related to OCD, but is weird nonetheless so tell me if others experience the same thing.

Let's say I'm just thinking, and a situation plays out in my head but it doesn't go the way I want it to. I have to "recreate" the situation in my head and force the scenario to go how I want. Sometimes my brain naturally tends to one direction, and it takes several playthroughs until I can manage to "overpower" the natural conclusion.

Ex. I have a basketball, and I'm walking and so I start dribbling, but I didn't want to dribble, so I have to think of being at the place with the basketball, but just walking instead of dribbling..

Also (not really anymore at all), and it wasn't even very powerful at the time, but something about being able to really hurt myself, but not doing it.... Like, bringing a knife to my arm or neck even, but then of course not doing it (I'm not suicidal (believe me)) but for some reason I wanted to be near to doing it without doing it.

We watched a vid on OCD in psych in gr 11, and a kid would put a knife in his mouth (but not hurt himself). Everyone started laughing and stuff saying he was crazy I was like darn, know what you mean xD.

What can I say. OCD has no logical explanation. Guess that's why it's a chemical imbalance in the brain. Meh, could be a worse imbalance like schizophrenia.

• Content Count:  6213

I have to have the volume on the TV be an even number.

I hate having finger prints on my phones screen so I constantly wipe it even if there is none on it.

I have to have a blanket over me to sleep.

When I fold paper or napkins I have to align them perfectly.

I have to clean something myself before I believe it's clean.

I have to fix slanted pictures on walls.

I have to make sure canned items are lined up, which was a bitch when I worked at a pet store.

I have more I just can't think of right now.

This kind of reminds me of something that probably isn't related to OCD, but is weird nonetheless so tell me if others experience the same thing.

Let's say I'm just thinking, and a situation plays out in my head but it doesn't go the way I want it to. I have to "recreate" the situation in my head and force the scenario to go how I want. Sometimes my brain naturally tends to one direction, and it takes several playthroughs until I can manage to "overpower" the natural conclusion.

Ex. I have a basketball, and I'm walking and so I start dribbling, but I didn't want to dribble, so I have to think of being at the place with the basketball, but just walking instead of dribbling..

Mmm...coming from someone who does have OCD, this isn't that assuring.

I think what made me lean towards it being to do with OCD is that this kind of thing usually happens when I'm anxious, like when I'm watching my football team play.

• Content Count:  1839

beth seems to be the least insane person that has posted so far.. for real some of you need to get to a psych.

My OCD is people that do annoying as fuck things in front of me.

And for me, annoying as fuck is defined as absolutely ANY unnecessary noise anyone makes, in any situation. I get very annoyed/angry if it is repeated even once. ANY noise someone makes while eating is the worst case of all, I'll find myself wishing the person to choke on their food and die sometimes, and catch/stop myself when its someone i've been friends with for years/am related to.

beth seems to be the least insane person that has posted so far.. for real some of you need to get to a psych.

My OCD is people that do annoying as fuck things in front of me.

And for me, annoying as fuck is defined as absolutely ANY unnecessary noise anyone makes, in any situation. I get very annoyed/angry if it is repeated even once. ANY noise someone makes while eating is the worst case of all, I'll find myself wishing the person to choke on their food and die sometimes, and catch/stop myself when its someone i've been friends with for years/am related to.

Lol and we're the crazy ones :LOL:

• Content Count:  1839

its not really a compulsion, i just get very angered by it, so yes, yes you all are.

Mine is more dealing with "I can do everything you're doing without making a single sound and generally being not annoying or disgusting, why can't you?" coupled with my VERY short fuse.

Reply to Thread