? servers

? players online

CoD 4

• Content Count:  2936

Well, I wanted to play the game, but didnt want to buy the thing, because my experience with COD Games (I own the rest of them, purchased used or otherwise somehow gotten at a lesser than MSRP price) has been that the campaign mode is AMAZING, and then there is the multiplayer, which is usually no more than an afterthought to the game. I mean, its fun for about 15 min, but it gets old and doesnt have much for depth.

Anyhow, I played the game on the PS3 for several reasons. Despite having a quad core with a decent vid card and loads of ram, i didnt want to have to buy the game and you cant really rent a comp game. I was glad I went with the three.

I think the game's graphics are amazing, the shadowing, lighting, facial motions, etc are truly amazing to watch. Infinity ward definitely did a good job with this game.. as it is damn pretty.

The game sounds are also as impressive, This game, a good set of headphones and you will feel jitters.

I thought the plot line was okay, passable from a tom clancy movie or a richard marcinko book (after rogue warrior), and for that I cant really complain. There is lots of shooting, a bit of humor, and a lot of cool shit happening all at once. I have to say that the unspecifiedestan (iraq) levels were probably the most exciting and engaging for me as I pretty much got to blow the shit out of everything in existence. The boards/levels were beautifully rendered and I really felt better about buying this 15 pound monstrosity that sits triumphantly upon the floor of my apartment, in its throne of cables.

The game has all the obligatory characters of call of duty, including that recurring "captain price" from every other call of duty game.. the guy's fought in so many wars he should have gotten at least pension by now. He also has that handlebar moustache that you would expect to see in bolshevik posters.

Also for the first time without being anachronistic or violative of historical accuracy, the game included a black guy. IW and Activision apparently dont have any real qualms about adding a character who's very character is about as stereotypical as it gets... Im not complaining, as I found this rather funny. iF this act of tokenism was not enough, he raps, has catch phrases ala B.A. Barracus (A-team) and doesnt wear his full uniform, like the rest of the marines, he even dies just like the minorities in war movies here in the states. I was kind of half expecting them to have him offer the Englishmen chicken when they were talking of lager at the pub.

This isnt to say that I am not content with a little diversity in the game, but shit, cant you at least make him a regular trooper as opposed to the semi-racist caricature comic relief?

The Enemies in the game actually had a decent AI, and can mess with you pretty well on the more difficult settings. The first run through on the level above reg, the machine wailed on my ass like my friend's mom did to him when he got C's in class. The levels kept me coming back and I managed to beat the game in about 2 days partly due to the engrossing game play.

That being said, I felt that the game was way too short.. WAY too short. I thought that there should have been some more length tacked to the end of the game, especially when the multiplayer I would describe as uninspired, at best. I thought the last epilogue mission was a good time, and I would have preferred to have done that during the game towards the middle as part of a training mission... while there was no real logical connection between this mission and the rest, it was still enjoyable. No shit, I beat this game in under 6-7 total hours of playing over 2 days.

Multiplayer... now... I am not bashing "oh i hate you" the multiplayer.. rather, I am disappointed because it could have been much better. I feel that a game with such a great set up, good story line, amazing engine and graphics, on a 7th Gen machine like the PS3 should b e able to hold larger MP matches, and have more depth to the game play... Its like a poor man's BF2 to be honest, except you dont get vehicles, and if you can believe it, the online community for the game are BIGGER dickheads than the shitbirds still on BF2 at 3 am on the german statpadding server. I really wanted to throw my controller after like 6 minutes because I was so bloody infuriated with the other players.. Its not my ability or thier ability to play... its their behavior... why do these people h ave to sit there and hurl racial epithets at each other for NO apparent reason whatsoever? Is it something of a right of passage? Someone let me know, because I dont get what is so great about popping off words all day and night for no real reason that make you appear as an ignorant teenager with no concept of tact or the vilification of the terms and this isnt just yelling "darkie" or "nignog" I mean these guys were calling each other "Wetback"

ALL OF THEM HAD MIDWESTERN UNITED STATES ACCENTS?!?! I mean seriously, ZOMG wtf people?

I can say this, I am glad I dont have voice chat...

So between these guys and game play in MP that basically consists of run around a board and shoot each other with no other real purpose I felt that the PS3 MP experience was okay, but too lackluster to be anything to pop a boner over.

There you have it... I think its a great game, improves in a lot of areas from its predecessors... but in the end.. this is a rental for me.

4.50 for 2 days (this store may be more expensive but actually HAS the game, unlike blockbuster, where id never see the damn thing)and i beat it in 1.

In conclusion, I feel this game was decent... I believe it makes a great rental

• Content Count:  4473

Yeah, and Xbox Live is way better for multiplayer than PS3's system...

More content to download, more game types, and you can mute ppl easy on it.

Bad thing about BF2 is that it has only one gametype...CoD 4 has the cool ranking system and multiple game types, but it would be cool to have more people per map.

vehicles for CoD 4 would probably ruin the multiplay experience. Honestly, they would not do a damn thing because as soon as someone gets a Javelin, the vehicle is fucked. They tried to keep it to the soldier experience not the vehicle whoring one...which happens when there are good vehicles in multiplayer games. It is more of a tactical shooter than a normal one.

• Content Count:  2306

Yeah, and Xbox Live is way better for multiplayer than PS3's system...

More content to download, more game types, and you can mute ppl easy on it.

Bad thing about BF2 is that it has only one gametype...CoD 4 has the cool ranking system and multiple game types, but it would be cool to have more people per map.

vehicles for CoD 4 would probably ruin the multiplay experience. Honestly, they would not do a damn thing because as soon as someone gets a Javelin, the vehicle is fucked. They tried to keep it to the soldier experience not the vehicle whoring one...which happens when there are good vehicles in multiplayer games. It is more of a tactical shooter than a normal one.

Battlefield 2142 is the way to go man, i absolutely love the 64 player multiplayer, great vehicles and weapons.

• Content Count:  2306

honestly, after having possessed all of the BF series... I cant really say I like 2142 anywhere near as much as BF2. BF 2142 seemed like a pretty expansion with WAY too many bugs.

The game was very buggy when it first came out, but after a bit they fixed almost all of the bugs as well as the latency problems. The only type of game i ever played was Titan just because it was the most fun.

• Content Count:  2936

I own Bf complete collection BF2 vanilla, Vietnam and have a bud's copy of 2142.

I agree as to coop though, which is what made me get resistance with the ps3 rather than cod4 when i got it.

Im glad I did

• Content Count:  489

Battlefield 2142 is the way to go man, i absolutely love the 64 player multiplayer, great vehicles and weapons.

Eww, 2142 is crap IMHO. All they did was, take BF2 game engine, change skins, added new map, and moved all BF2 bugs into a new game. BF2 is way better, even with all the bugs EA left in it. I believe the game went downhill right after the second or third patch.

I sold my BF2142 a week after i bought it. And i know many people who did the same thing, and went back to BF2.

PS: There is nothing better then playing Strike at Karkand with a pre-patched version of BF2 =)

Reply to Thread