? servers

? players online

I am outraged...

• Content Count:  3391

To think this hasn't been brought up yet in a more public matter saddens me. The point of this discussion is to discuss the dismissal of one of the most adored, respected, active members of our community.

Of course, I am talking about Beth.

While I obviously don't know the details surrounding her demotion, I feel, from what I have heard, that it is unjust and uncalled for. She has publicly claimed that it was due to inactivity. While I cannot vouch for her actions behind the scene as an AO and her participation in most AO related functions, I must note that she has always been available to assist me with any problems requiring an AO+.

I'm not one to start a conspiracy theory, thinking she was tossed out on some bullshit technicality, but since there hasn't been a lot of public discourse, one can only assume. I also noticed that Killermidget was demoted to Legends as well. Obviously, that was warranted, since his forum account was inactive since 11/2009 (until recently when he popped into the chat box). Putting Beth in this same category is unjust and is a great loss to the community.

I can understand if Beth was not participating at all in forum activities, server fixes/assists, player complaints and the likes. However, from an outsider looking in, it would appear that she was most definitely active in all areas that are visible to the SA's and below. When Paul was testing out 'Get to the choppa' on Escape, I needed No-Block put on. He assisted Beth in making that change, since she was never shown how. Not 2 days later, she was demoted. Maybe she told Paul to go fuck himself and do it himself since she didn't want to, maybe she royally screwed something up; we all know that is highly unlikely and certainly not the case.

I'm not asking for an explanation, it's certainly none of my business. I just want to express my concern. She has stated that all she was told was that she was demoted due to lack of activity. Perhaps she was given more information and decided not to divulge it; that's certainly in her right.

I'm also not asking for a revolt, nor do I expect one, but I ask that the members of the community she has so dedicatedly served, show their appreciation for her efforts and work as not only one of the most respected AO's of the community, but also as a member that went, I believe, beyond the call of duty to assist in a lot of matters.

This is not a 'drunken' TheVirus thread, though I have been drinking (liquid courage). This is also not a thread for me to kiss Beth's ass; after all, what would be the point :heh:. I just want her to know that, even though she may not be an AO anymore, she's still a valuable member of the community.

Thank you.

• Like 18
Edited by TheVirus

• Content Count:  4473

I'm also not asking for a revolt, nor do I expect one, but I ask that the members of the community she has so dedicatedly served, show their appreciation for her efforts and work as not only one of the most respected AO's of the community, but also as a member that went, I believe, beyond the call of duty to assist in a lot of matters.

5w3ZENhUlDU

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1752

I don't really understand the inactivity part. It seemed like most of the map suggestions, and quite a few complaints, were evaluated by her. On the servers she was on Napalm and Trikz quite a bit. It's a little shocking.

I usually went to her if I had a question with my admin and she pretty much answered every question. I appreciate what she did.

EDIT: Legend is still good? It's not like she's gone.

Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  8756

To think this hasn't been brought up yet in a more public matter saddens me. The point of this discussion is to discuss the dismissal of one of the most adored, respected, active members of our community.

Of course, I am talking about Beth.

While I obviously don't know the details surrounding her demotion, I feel, from what I have heard, that it is unjust and uncalled for. She has publicly claimed that it was due to inactivity. While I cannot vouch for her actions behind the scene as an AO and her participation in most AO related functions, I must note that she has always been available to assist me with any problems requiring an AO+.

I'm not one to start a conspiracy theory, thinking she was tossed out on some bullshit technicality, but since there hasn't been a lot of public discourse, one can only assume. I also noticed that Killermidget was demoted to Legends as well. Obviously, that was warranted, since his forum account was inactive since 11/2009 (until recently when he popped into the chat box). Putting Beth in this same category is unjust and is a great loss to the community.

I can understand if Beth was not participating at all in forum activities, server fixes/assists, player complaints and the likes. However, from an outsider looking in, it would appear that she was most definitely active in all areas that are visible to the SA's and below. When Paul was testing out 'Get to the choppa' on Escape, I needed No-Block put on. He assisted Beth in making that change, since she was never shown how. Not 2 days later, she was demoted. Maybe she told Paul to go fuck himself and do it himself since she didn't want to, maybe she royally screwed something up; we all know that is highly unlikely and certainly not the case.

I'm not asking for an explanation, it's certainly none of my business. I just want to express my concern. She has stated that all she was told was that she was demoted due to lack of activity. Perhaps she was given more information and decided not to divulge it; that's certainly in her right.

This is not a 'drunken' TheVirus thread, though I have been drinking (liquid courage). This is also not a thread for me to kiss Beth's ass; after all, what would be the point :heh:. I just want her to know that, even though she may not be an AO anymore, she's still a valuable member of the community.

Thank you.

Thank you SO much for finally making this. I was going to, but this is just as good. To me, I think Beth was up there as one of the best "go-to" AOs that you could depend on in SG. Sure, all the AOs are active (Killer being an exception, although he's LG now), but Beth and Spartan are really the ones that you would see in the servers, playing, hosting tournaments, doing graphics, etc. I'm not trying to flame out the others - don't get me wrong, they're all great people and deserve AO - but Beth was a very valued member of the AO team, and I think that it is a great shame to see her being taken off of the roster. From this sole event, I think I lost a bit of faith in SG, because they took away one of their best, and I truly think that they'd regret it (Yeah, I said it, you'll regret it BDs, have fun).

Also, inb4GarfieldCommentAboutTheOfficialBusinessAndDecisionByThePanelAsAGroupThenTopicLock

PS I'm not flaming or anything, just voicing my opinion. Beth was great, and that was my main point.

• Content Count:  3391

I can't edit the subject, oh well. I was initially going to post a rant, but thought better of it. If an AO+ could please change the subject to 'In honor of one of our most respected members'.

Thank you.

Edit: Clicking 'Go Advanced' allows one to change the subject. Issue resolved.

Edited by TheVirus

• Content Count:  401

agreed, she was one of only like 3 AO's ive seen on the server before and she was kind and stuff, and she wasnt scary to go talk to, sorta like a mother charm to her, just made everything feel alright

Lol go cry to your mommy that could ban us if we did anything wrong

Oh shi...

Reply to Thread