? servers

? players online

I am outraged...

• Content Count:  2051

More active then some other AO's that still hold their roll.

Fixed.

No one is mind readers here, and if they are just told that she was removed for being inactive then thats what they are going to just think. They have no way of knowing it was for more then what was stated.

We don't demote people for no reason. Obviously.

But this could have been a PM to Beth saying " Hey what was it really for"? But like Eldest said. Who cares! She is still here and the community is still going on.

Exactly.

Amen.

It's a gaming community. Go out and get some ice-cream, watch a movie, invest in K-mart, do whatever. If you REALLY are getting this worked up over something that happens online, you should take a break.

I don't do any of those. *goes outside*

• Content Count:  4198

I can see why one would feel a little cynical about Beth's demotion. Most people were told it was for inactivity, when in fact Beth was a fairly active AO. Regardless, it was clear that there was going to be an another underlining reason(s), and if neither the BDs nor Beth wished to disclose such information then so be it.

Making a thread like this has probably become more of a hindrance than a help to Beth now, because it has drawn more attention than it should have. In an attempt to white knight her it may now get everyone thinking. The best thing to do is just let it lie, it's only a game after all and whatever it was I'm sure nobody would think any less of her.

Way to go. :|

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1167

Maybe she just realised she was putting way too much time and effort into an internet community that rarely recognises the time and effort higher ups put in, and generally treats them all like they are there to serve them, not that they have volunteered for their positions.

Nicely said.

• Content Count:  3391

I think some clarification is in order.

TheVirus, if you would like to discuss any issues please PM me, I'm not sure if Beth put you up to this or not, but the issue had already been discussed with her, and as far as I know, she has spoken to Haggard. Thank you for your concern with a fellow member of the community, I truly hope Beth will stick around with us, and enjoy the community. If any one has an issue with me locking this, feel free to PM another BD and request for it to be unlocked, but I think at this point we have no more to discuss on the matter.

Ketch hax

As I said in a PM, no one put me up to this. Yes, my post does go into some conspiracy, and in hindsight, I would have left it out. Like I said below, I was originally going to rant but decided it'd be useless. The goal of the thread is to show that Beth is appreciated and that she is a valuable asset to the community.

Your concern can be expressed to Beth. If there was any actual information that was not to be revealed to public or to you, then what makes you think she wants a open topic about it? She's not a damsel in distress and she's taken, so enough with these topics, this one will just get requested to be locked by Beth herself like the other ones.

In short, mind your own damn business, move the fuck on, she's still in the community and still a great asset, AO or not.

Topic is unlocked so other people can feel free to make themselves look like a bunch of idiots in thinking they'd actually win some type of points with Beth.

Again if anyone else wants to show gratitude to Beth, do it by PM and visitor msgs. If you want to look like an idiot, make a new topic about it. FYI, I chose option 1.

As I said before, I am not looking for information surrounding her demotion. I'm not asking for clarification. Thank you for unlocking the thread.

Ah maw gawd agirlgotdemotedandshesagirlandthatcanthappenwehavetohalphercuzwe'reguysandguyshelpgirlsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FUCK YOU ANTI CAPS LOCK

If this had happened to Daze, Highsky, Amby, Tink, Mystique and Spartan, I would have done much of the same, probably to a different degree since I've only had limited contact with a few of them.

The fact is, what's done is done. There is nothing we can do about the decision as it has already been made. It is now between Beth and the higher ups. If there is some conspiracy, well there isn't much we can do about that anyway.

So play the servers, enjoy the community but stop creating so much drama that it rivals "Desperate Housewives".

That's not the point of the thread. The point is to give thanks to a member who served the community well. As I stated in my original post, I'm not looking for a reason as to why it happened and you are correct that what's done is done. But that does not take away from the fact that we can show our appreciation.

How would you feel if you were in her shoes? I'd be pretty bummed out, thinking about leaving the community or not participating as much. If I saw a thread like this, it'd put a smile on my face and make me realize that I made a difference in someone's life, even if it's in some small, meaningless way.

Outraged...over somebody you've never met...over them getting demoted...in an online gaming community...reality check please.

I prank called her a few times... does that count?

Originally I was going to make a rant/complaint and then thought better of it. Unfortunately, I cannot change the subject of the thread. I thought I could, but it just changed the title of my original post. I'm definitely not outraged, just a little disheartened.

I think the point that people are making is that the community was informed that she was removed for being inactive. And that's all that was said. And every one could see that she was active. More active then other AO's that still hold their roll.

No one is mind readers here, and if they are just told that she was removed for being inactive then thats what they are going to just think. They have no way of knowing it was for more then what was stated.

But this could have been a PM to Beth saying " Hey what was it really for"? But like Eldest said. Who cares! She is still here and the community is still going on.

Your first part rings true, and I do agree with Kennith below. She was, in my eyes, definitely active, but not more so than all others. I know that we could have simply sent her a PM or visitor message, but that's not what I was going for. Think of it as a virtual parade in her honor, if you will (Yes, I know that sounds utterly pathetic).

Amen.

It's a gaming community. Go out and get some ice-cream, watch a movie, invest in K-mart, do whatever. If you REALLY are getting this worked up over something that happens online, you should take a break.

I'm not getting worked up. I feel like I'm repeating myself and I only have myself to blame for the conflicting messages I brought up in the original post. The decision isn't going to affect my life at all; I simply am expressing empathy, something the majority of you seem to lack.

Fixed.

We don't demote people for no reason. Obviously.

Exactly.

I don't do any of those. *goes outside*

I'm well aware that all decisions have a basis. I suppose I was irked because we were led to believe it was simply inactivity, which to anyone that isn't an AO+, or XeNo, thinks is not true.

I can see why one would feel a little cynical about Beth's demotion. Most people were told it was for inactivity, when in fact Beth was a fairly active AO. Regardless, it was clear that there was going to be an another underlining reason(s), and if neither the BDs nor Beth wished to disclose such information then so be it.

Making a thread like this has probably become more of a hindrance than a help to Beth now, because it has drawn more attention than it should have. In an attempt to white knight her it may now get everyone thinking. The best thing to do is just let it lie, it's only a game after all and whatever it was I'm sure nobody would think any less of her.

Way to go. :|

Like I stated in my OP and in many replies, I am not asking for information to be disclosed. I am not manipulating anyone into telling me what went down, it's none of my business and I'm just not that nosy.

I understand that this thread may have some unintended consequences, and, frankly, I did not think about that. I'm not looking to stir up the community and have them start second guessing the higher ups, even though I alluded to that in my original post (which I regret).

---

I understand my post seems to have mixed signals and it didn't exactly go the way I intended. I had absolutely no intention of causing any sort of uproar, which doesn't seem to be happening, and I had no intention of putting bad light on the higher ups, even though that contradicts what I originally posted.

Look, all I'm trying to do is show a member of the community that they were respected and looked up to for what they did. My intentions were noble and I apologize if I upset any of the higher ups or caused any drama. Let's keep things civil and just appreciate the work this member has done.

PS: After reading all of that I feel like a loon.

Reply to Thread